Lovevery is a fast-growing digitally native brand co-founded by successful serial entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. Taking a science-based approach, Lovevery products have won awards from Red Dot, Parents’ Choice, and NAPPA. TIME Magazine named The Play Kits subscription offering as one of the Best Inventions of 2018.
About the role:
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team that owns the full end-to-end shopping experience as well as our digital content and community platform. You’ll work on every aspect of our customer journey from product discovery to becoming a subscriber to engaging with our rich, stage-based parent education platform. You will own the e-commerce platform spanning account and subscription management, checkout, payments and fulfillment, our content CMS, parent community and more. You will do it all with a platform focus in mind - scaling our global audience to millions of customers and continuously looking for opportunities to enhance our technology, increase velocity and maintain a high quality bar.
- Have an Intrinsic Humble Hustle - You are a go-getter who makes things happen.
- Are Experienced and Able to Learn Quickly - You have deep expertise in building, deploying, monitoring and scaling systems. You can quickly architect and build elegant user-facing features and backend systems. While you love learning new technologies, this is not an area where you need to ramp up..
- Are a Strong Collaborator and Communicator - You’ll enjoy working in a world-class cross-functional team where strong communication and collaboration are a key part of your success.
- Have a Full-Stack View - You will be working on a solution that extends from the back-end and the data model to the UI. You’ll deliver user stories and features and non-functional requirements such as scalability, performance, security, and testability.
- Are Quality-Focused - You will be a champion for building quality code and are willing to write the test before the code.
- Are Pragmatic – You will be building new digital products in this role, and you will also be rebuilding e-commerce platforms and stitching together solutions to create the best experience in the most pragmatic way.
- Design and deliver new product and platform features, optimize existing features, own the frameworks and systems needed to deliver the product vision, roadmap, and strategy.
- Work closely with a product team consisting of a Product Manager, UX Designer, and other developers.
- Define and establish development best practices and patterns.
- Write code considering security, testability, maintainability, scalability, and performance.
- Mentor and pair with mid-level and junior software engineers in order to develop their skills and understanding of the code, programming languages, and frameworks employed within the Lovevery platform.
- Must be bilingual; fluent (advanced) in English comprehension, speaking and writing.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- You’ve built eCommerce technology solutions and ideally have some experience with Shopify.
- We work primarily in Ruby on Rails, React and Next.js. You have 5+ years of experience with Rails
- You’re well versed in working with SQL and relational databases and have built against both RESTful and GraphQL APIs.
- You are comfortable working in a kubernetes-managed deployment environment
- You have familiarity with a test automation tool and framework such as XUnit, Selenium, etc.
- You are an effective collaborator who thrives working with teams to solve complicated challenges.
- You are driven and hard-working.
- You are passionate about understanding the customer and delivering an amazing customer experience through digital solutions. You think parenthood and early childhood are inspiring areas to work on.
Lovevery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in all forms. All employment decisions at Lovevery are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, HIV status, marital status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.