Lovevery is a mission-driven company, passionate about helping every parent feel confident that they are giving their child the best experiences in early childhood. Our team believes in the power of combining physical play products with digital education and support to create an ecosystem for parents that is unmatched by any other brand.
About the role:
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team that owns the full end-to-end shopping experience as well as our digital content and community platform. You’ll work on every aspect of our customer journey from product discovery to becoming a subscriber to engaging with our rich, stage-based parent education platform. You will own the e-commerce platform spanning account and subscription management, checkout, payments and fulfillment, our content CMS, parent community and more. You will do it all with a platform focus in mind - scaling our global audience to millions of customers and continuously looking for opportunities to enhance our technology, increase velocity and maintain a high quality bar. This is a full-stack role that covers architectural vision to implementation.
- Have an Intrinsic Humble Hustle - You are a go-getter who makes things happen.
- Are Experienced and Able to Learn Quickly - You have deep expertise in building, deploying, monitoring and scaling systems. You can quickly architect and build elegant user-facing features and backend systems. While you love learning new technologies, this is not an area where you need to ramp up..
- Are a Strong Collaborator and Communicator - You’ll enjoy working in a world-class cross-functional team where strong communication and collaboration are a key part of your success.
- Have a Full-Stack View - You will be working on a solution that extends from the back-end and the data model to the UI. You’ll deliver user stories and features and non-functional requirements such as scalability, performance, security, and testability.
- Are Quality-Focused - You will be a champion for building quality code and are willing to write the test before the code.
- Are Pragmatic – You will be building new digital products in this role, and you will also be rebuilding e-commerce platforms and stitching together solutions to create the best experience in the most pragmatic way.
- Design and deliver new product and platform features, optimize existing features, own the frameworks and systems needed to deliver the product vision, roadmap, and strategy.
- Work closely with a product team consisting of a Product Manager, UX Designer, and other developers.
- Define and establish development best practices and patterns.
- Write code considering security, testability, maintainability, scalability, and performance.
- Mentor and pair with mid-level and junior software engineers in order to develop their skills and understanding of the code, programming languages, and frameworks employed within the Lovevery platform.
- You’ve built eCommerce technology solutions and ideally have some experience with Shopify.
- You’re well versed in working with SQL and relational databases and are curious about graph databases, and may have some experience with graph databases like Neo4j.
- You are comfortable working in a cloud-based architecture such as AWS or Heroku.
- You have familiarity with a test automation tool and framework such as XUnit, Selenium, etc.
- You are an effective collaborator who thrives working with teams to solve complicated challenges.
- You are driven and hard-working.
- Your written and oral communications are clear, concise, and thorough.
- You are passionate about understanding the customer and delivering an amazing customer experience through digital solutions. You think parenthood and early childhood are inspiring areas to work on.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
Our Benefits Include
- Competitive salary, benefits, and stock options package
- The usual paid holidays and a few extras (ex. Election day)
- Paid maternity or paternity leave
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Free/discounted Lovevery products
Lovevery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in all forms. All employment decisions at Lovevery are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, HIV status, marital status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.