Lovevery is a fast-growing direct-to-consumer startup cofounded by successful serial entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life.
As our business grows in size and complexity, a rigorous and deep understanding of our economics is vital to our continued expansion and financial health. Lovevery is recruiting a Head of FP&A to manage the company's financial planning and analysis. This person will lead analysis of strategic decisions, conduct financial reviews of a wide range of business issues and lead financial processes such as planning, forecasting, and reporting. The following attributes in a candidate are essential to success in this role:
Strategic thinker -- The ideal candidate will combine a general management mindset, serious intellectual horsepower, and the ability to apply what-if thinking to business issues so that the Cofounders can make the best strategic decisions possible for Lovevery.
Financial depth -- This role is fundamentally a finance role, delivering annual planning, board reporting, partnership economics, fundraise economics, and more. Not an opportunity for on-the-job training.
Cross-functional -- To succeed in this role, a person must interface with professionals in accounting, marketing, supply chain, product, and digital. They must be able to understand the processes that make the business run, and then to create and report against the metrics that help optimize those processes.
This role is based in Lovevery's Boise HQ.
- Competitive salary, benefits, and stock options package
- Lead annual planning, re-forecasting, and financial reporting cadence for the business. Be a financially oriented thought partner to the Cofounders and across the business.
- Help optimize resourcing and capital allocation across product, marketing, partnership, and supply chain decisions through data-driven financial and strategic analysis.
- Build and continually improve the financial planning processes and tools, as well as identify and drive new relevant metrics.
- Prepare analysis and materials in support of board of directors and other critical management meetings.
- Spearhead selection and implementation of business management and ERP software in partnership with Controller and Director, Operations.
- Coordinate with the Accounting team to provide the necessary close and filing requirements.
- Partner with relevant functions to build metrics for each major project or initiative to optimize the business and set resourcing plans at the functional level.
Qualifications and Attributes:
- 5+ years of previous FP&A experience, ideally with exposure to ecommerce and subscription business models.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and project management skills with strong attention to detail, proven out by hands on experience vetting deals or driving planning processes.
- Ability to demonstrate advanced proficiency with Excel and financial modeling.
- General management mindset; desire to grow professionally as the business grows.
- Outstanding ability to communicate data-driven insights through charts and visuals. Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload in a demanding environment. Comfort working in a rigorous environment where priorities can change quickly; demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Bachelor's in Finance or a related discipline required. MBA or Masters degree is a plus; please provide GPA and other indicators of academic performance in your resume; preference for candidates who attended rigorous academic programs.