Lovevery is a mission-driven company, passionate about helping every parent feel confident that they are giving their child the best experiences in early childhood. In addition to our robust e-commerce platform, we are also building a digital product that gives parents stage-based activities and content, allows them to engage with experts and a community of parents, and makes it easy for parents to know how to promote their child’s development.
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our team that owns the full end-to-end shopping experience and platform as well as our digital content and community platform. You’ll build end-to-end experiences across native mobile app, web and backend.
- You are a go-to team member for technical design and architecture. Your current teammates rely on you when they have questions about how to build things and describe you as someone they learn from and look up to.
- You are experienced and able to learn quickly. You have deep expertise in building, deploying, monitoring and scaling systems.
- You are a strong collaborator and communicator and thrive on working in a world-class cross-functional team where these skills are a key part of your success.
- You are a servant leader and use a consensus-building approach in decision-making, mentoring, coaching, and establishing standards and practices.
- You have a full-stack view and love coding. You’ll write code across the stack and deliver on and non-functional requirements such as scalability, performance, security, and testability.
- You are pragmatic and business-minded. You can define the ideal technical solution and at the same time articulate the building blocks and roadmap to that solution while managing scope and articulating business trade-offs.
- Design and deliver new product and platform features with your squad, optimize existing features, own the frameworks and systems needed to deliver the product vision, roadmap, and strategy.
- Ensure high quality delivery of product and platform features, working closely with a product team consisting of Product Managers, UX Designers and other developers to deliver functionality that delights our customers.
- Define and establish software development best practices and patterns. Author technical design documents and facilitate design reviews and cross-training within the engineering team.
- Write code considering security, testability, maintainability, scalability, and performance, that serves as a model for the rest of the team.
- Mentor and pair with mid-level and junior software engineers in order to develop their skills and understanding of the architecture, code, programming languages and frameworks employed within the Lovevery platform.
- You have a proven track record as a top performer for 5+ years in a senior engineer role, preferably at an e-commerce company.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related field preferred. Master’s degree is a plus.
- You are passionate about understanding the customer and delivering an amazing customer experience through digital solutions. You think parenthood and early childhood are inspiring areas to work on.
- You have deep experience working with relational, no-sql or graph databases, and have built high-scale, highly performant, cloud-native applications
- You have experience using and architecting solutions in a cloud-based architecture such as AWS.
- You have enabled increased velocity via modern DevOps and CI/CD practices and tools
- You have an ability to balance user and business impact that has been informed over the years by shipping creative and highly successful consumer tech products.
Our Benefits Include
- Competitive salary, benefits, and stock options package
- The usual paid holidays and a few extras (ex. Election day)
- Paid maternity or paternity leave
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Free/discounted Lovevery products
Lovevery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in all forms. All employment decisions at Lovevery are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, HIV status, marital status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.