Lovevery is a fast-growing brand co-founded by successful entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. Taking a science-based approach, Lovevery products have won awards from Red Dot, Parents’ Choice, and NAPPA. TIME Magazine named The Play Kits as one of the Best Inventions of 2018.
We are seeking a self motivated Industrial Designer with a solid understanding of manufacturing methods and a high level of competency in SOLIDWORKS. We make premium products for child development and play, and we need a rock star to help our design & engineering team commercialize more than 70 products per year. The job responsibilities include technical development of a variety of products, from conceptual stages through design, and into manufacturing. You might be a great catch for us if you are a creative problem solver, have exceptional communication skills, thorough attention to detail, and a strong understanding of the design process.
Key Attributes of top Candidates
- Incredible Attention to Detail – You have strong organizational skills and a keen attention to detail. You have perfectionist tendencies and catch the mistakes that others miss.
- Analytical Problem Solving – You have a natural ability to assess problems, develop creative solutions, and make sound decisions
- Intrinsic Humble Hustle – You are a go-getter who makes things happen. You are aware you don’t know everything, are willing to learn new things and have an idea/methodology to go about learning new things. We are raising the bar for our customers every day which requires all of us to continuously grow and learn.
- Strong Collaborator and Communicator – You will be working in a world-class, cross-functional team where strong communication and collaboration will be a key part of your success. You are well versed in technical language, but you can also simplify technical concepts to communicate with a non-technical audience when necessary
- Project Management – Work ethic, responsiveness, and results orientation matter in every role at Lovevery. You demonstrate strong planning skills and project management skills to quickly drive a variety of different designs to manufacturing, simultaneously
- Create and collaborate with Design and Engineering teams to develop children's toys and products that promote early stage development
- You may own up to 3 projects at a time in various stages of development
- Evaluate designs relative to strict safety, regulatory and performance requirements
- Generate 3D CAD models and photo realistic renderings to communicate designs
- Participate and contribute to group brainstorming.
- Prepare initial engineering drawings and technical documentation for vendor review
- Work directly with suppliers to evaluate designs and optimize for manufacturing
- Organize manufacturing bills of materials
- Evaluate manufacturing quotations and partners in overseas locations (international travel expected)
- 5-8 Years experience designing consumer products
- High proficiency in SOLIDWORKS, with a technical understanding of injection molded parts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven leadership and teamwork skills
- Quick and understandable sketching
- Ability to translate insights from our research team into compelling concepts
- Can create high fidelity prototypes for user testing
- Self motivated and organized
- Ability to present and defend your designs
- Offer constructive feedback in brainstorming sessions
- A good grasp of form development and function-forward design
- Bachelor’s degree in Product Design or related field
- Working knowledge of Adobe suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Photo-realistic rendering tool capabilities (Keyshot or similar)
- Experience with rapid prototyping and 3D manufacturing
- Experience with children & child development
- Demonstrated understanding of design research methods
Our Benefits Include
- Competitive salary, benefits, and stock options package
- The usual paid holidays and a few extras (ex. Election Day)
- Paid maternity or paternity leave
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Free/discounted Lovevery products
- Innovative, fast-paced and team-based culture