Lovevery is a fast-growing digitally native brand co-founded by successful serial entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. Taking a science-based approach, Lovevery products have won awards from Red Dot, Parents’ Choice, and NAPPA. TIME Magazine named The Play Kits subscription offering as one of the Best Inventions of 2018.
We are seeking a growth-minded Director level HR professional to join our Talent and Culture team. This role is both a strategic and hands-on role that requires full lifecycle HR competence. This role reports into the VP, Talent & Culture and will partner closely with Leadership, Finance and Legal teams. You will help execute against our Talent and Culture strategy, while driving HR operational excellence and providing internal team and culture support. The company employs around 200 people across our Boise HQ, remote US, Hong Kong and Amsterdam offices.
The following attributes in a candidate for this role are important:
- Builder mindset - You don't simply prefer high-growth professional environments; you can't live without them. Your mind is geared to help scale up diverse teams and efficient processes. You are a doer on their way to becoming a leader.
- Performance focused - Culture of performance? You're so here for it. You believe in helping others reach their full potential and using goals and feedback to do so. You believe that a diversity of perspectives leads to a better answer. Creativity matters. Quality matters. Results matter and can usually be measured.
- Entrepreneur at heart - You aren't here to put a cookie cutter corporate playbook into action; you would rather think actively about what a particular situation requires in order to ensure a successful outcome. You value the recruiting function as core to successful company building and love to help find the right person for the right job at the right time.
- Own and manage day-to-day HR operations which includes onboarding, off-boarding, employee relations, compensation and benefits administration, policy interpretation, internal communications, etc. You will directly manage our Office Operations Coordinator and HR Generalist.
- Be an ambassador of company culture and work closely with leaders to ensure that Lovevery's inclusive and performance-oriented culture continues to scale as the company grows.
- Provide thought partnership, coaching and/or execution on performance management, learning & development, total rewards, internal mobility, DE&I and employee enablement.
- Understand organizational needs and implement or improve processes, policies, and workflows that are compliant, efficient, scalable and reflect Lovevery's values: "Committed to families", "Passionate about learning", and "Driven to innovate".
- Build collaborative cross-functional relationships with teams and leaders across the company and around the world.
- Partner with managers and employees during employee relations issues, performance management plans and staff change processes while ensuring a positive employee experience and adhering to legal and compliance requirements.
- Ensure HR Operations audit and control processes and required documentation are developed and followed in compliance with Federal and State laws as well as internal guidelines.
- Manage employee engagement survey process; understand employee opinions and experiences and provide a point of view and address concerns proactively.
- Lead and execute mobility and immigration programs as needed.
- Build and drive talent analytics at Lovevery in collaboration with teams; analyze data, assess areas of opportunity, and prepare reports/recommendations to help define people operations strategies.
- Support diversity, equity and inclusion programs, corporate social responsibility and other HR related projects.
- Actively participating in the broader Talent and Culture initiatives and projects.
Qualifications and attributes
- 7+ years experience working as an HR Business Partner role or Director HR role in a high growth company with demonstrated experience building and scaling processes. Preference for e-commerce or tech company experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, HR or related field. PHR/SPHR certification a plus.
- Experience training and coaching people managers, particularly around goal setting and feedback.
- Respect for the recruiting function and a passion for helping recruit talent.
- Experience in employee relations, performance management, benefits administration and HR operations.
- Strong familiarity with people-related information systems and how to leverage them as the company scales.
- Creating and improving workflows and internal processes with a focus on improving the employee experience.
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects and complete tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Exceptional communication skills and an ability to work. independently, to take initiative and to overcome obstacles.
- Recognize and maintain highest levels of confidentiality with a high level of professionalism.
- Resourceful, detailed, analytical and responsive and able to handle competing priorities and work effectively in a challenging, fast- paced environment.
- Ability to analyze and present data in a meaningful way.
- Experience working with employees based outside the US is a plus.
- Please note that this position is located in Boise, Idaho and that remote arrangements will not be considered for this role. Relocation assistance is provided.