Lovevery is one of the fastest-growing new consumer subscription businesses in the country with an exciting and growing need for development automation created by the company's large and extremely loyal customer base and the increasing number of products and content services we are creating for them.
Our customers have been asking for us to deliver a digital product experience that is as meaningful as the physical product experience they already get from Lovevery. To do that well, we need a world class software development and deployment pipeline and infrastructure. We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer with a passion for DevOps and automation to make environment setup as easy as pressing a button and deployments predictable and high quality.
The following attributes in a candidate are paramount:
- Passion for Automation - You are the kind of person who is constantly looks to optimize and do things better and find joy in delivering simple solutions to complex requests.
- Quality-Focused - You will be a champion for building things in a robust and scalable way.
- Continuous Improvement Mindset - Not afraid of new technologies, lean testing, pair programming and willing to learn new things in order to achieve continuous improvements.
- Pragmatism – You will be building new digital solutions in this role, and you will also be rebuilding platforms and stitching together solutions to create the best experience in the most pragmatic way. You must have the ability to look beyond the current technology stack to get things done.
- Scalability-Focused - As an Automation Engineer for Lovevery, your vision and execution of the digital platform will lay the groundwork for a scalable offering of digital products.
We are obsessed with giving families the best products and content for early childhood, and this is an important role for making that happen at Lovevery. This role will report directly to the Senior Director of Digital Products and will grow with the company as the team scales. This is an important position for us, and we are only interested in top candidates who can grow with the business and can serve as a technical leader as the company grows.
If you are an experienced Software Engineer with automation and DevOps experience and you have a passion for early childhood, you could be amazing in this role and be part of something special.
- Excel in delivering solutions of high-quality solutions that support software development and deployment.
- Drive technical solutions to strategic initiatives, architecting and delivering simple solutions to complex requests.
- Identify/tools and implement process solutions to deploy and monitor internally developed applications.
- Manage cloud deployments.
- Work closely with the development teams on architecture to accelerate delivery of our solutions.
- Create and maintain a variety of production and test environments.
- Diagnose complex system issues with multiple influencing factors.
- Work collaboratively with small teams.
- Deal positively with high levels of uncertainty, ambiguity and shifting priorities.
- Constructively present, discuss and debate alternatives being open to feedback from others.
- Take shared ownership of solutions.
- Continually evolve system platforms to meet business needs.
- Act as a mentor and excellent teammate for other engineers fostering and supporting a culture of innovation and excellence.
- Make technical recommendations on make vs buy decisions.
- Drive standards on code quality, security, testability, maintainability, scalability and performance.
- Work in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
Qualifications and attributes:
- You think parenthood and early childhood are really inspiring things to work on and you have empathy for parents as users of digital products.
- You have a proven track record as a top performer for 3+ years in a software engineering role, preferably in a consumer internet business, digital community business, or consumer products business with a digital experience.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related field, preferred.
- You have familiarity with Docker or any other containerization product, microservices architectures and an orchestrator such as Kubernetes.
- You have familiarity with CI/CD, Redis, ElasticSearch, NoSQL, Kafka or other messaging solution, a plus.
- You are very comfortable working in a cloud-based architecture such as AWS, Google Cloud or Heroku.
- You have experience with Terraform or other configuration management tools.
- You’ve worked with and augmented monitoring tools such as DataDog.
- You are a highly effective collaborator that thrives working with teams to solve complicated challenges.
- You are self driven taking complete ownership of your tasks and championing efforts to drive solutions.
- You thrive in your ability to solve complex challenges.
- Your written and oral communications are clear, concise, and thorough.
- Competitive salary, benefits, and stock options package