Lovevery is a fast-growing direct-to-consumer startup cofounded by successful serial entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident in giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. To deliver an exceptional experience for our customers, Lovevery needs to consistently produce premium quality products, with customer safety and satisfaction as top priorities.
Lovevery is looking for an experienced Project Manager to join the Product Development team. This person will lead taking products from concept to reality through the management of a fast paced, cross-functional product development cycle that includes Design, Testing, Engineering, Content Creation and Manufacturing. The following attributes in a candidate are essential to success in this role:
- Project Management — Work ethic, responsiveness, and results orientation matter in every role at Lovevery. With everyone driving hard to achieve the company’s goals, it is critical to have strong project planning skills and a structured approach to big decisions such as product launch dates, new supplier selection, and manufacturing tradeoffs. You have a passion for creating and a natural ability to identify potential improvements to both quality of products and efficiency of resources used.
- Communication — We aim to hire good communicators in every role, but it is an especially critical quality for the person managing the development of our products to be exceptional in this regard. This is a connective role with important interfaces across the entire company. You are skilled at structured and complete communication, and you are comfortable articulating what needs to be done when things are ambiguous.
- Process Improvement — We are launching increasingly more products and need to do so with greater efficiency while maintaining exceptional product quality and customer experience. You are able to identify, analyze, and improve upon existing product development and business processes. While we are not tied to specific methodologies, you help us implement best practices and new ideas to help us increase productivity to reach our goals.
- Competitive salary, benefits, and stock options package
- Define and own the master production schedule in order to bring product visions to life. Build, maintain and manage each product’s project schedule from the beginning of its product development cycle to launch date.
- Manage cross-functional process that includes Design, Engineering, and Manufacturing to take products from concept to reality. You are a natural team player.
- Manage external vendors through the details of each product in the development process. Ability to identify areas and opportunities for negotiation.
- Work with overseas sourcing agents and factories; travel to Asia 1-2 times per quarter expected.
- Understand dependencies and identify risks that could impact schedule, and work to proactively resolve issues in order to maintain schedule.
- Work cross-functionally to diligently prioritize deliverables of product development in a fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders. Ability to make adjustments along the way.
- Work closely with upper management to make sure that the scope and direction of each project is on schedule.
- Work with Product Development team to deliver new product requirements to designers. Help refine Lovevery processes in this regard.
- Track and manage product costs with the Product, Operations, and Finance teams. Perform cost analysis to determine targets for factories and partner with finance team to negotiate at critical points in the development process.
- Support Director of Operations in achieving supply chain transparency to ensure the Lovevery values of social responsibility and environmental sustainability are met.
- Work with Engineering and Quality departments to evaluate product prototypes. Provide feedback to overseas partners in a timely manner.
- Review customer feedback to gain insight into recent product launches and drive product improvement plans.
- Remain up to on trends in the parent and baby space, and proactively bring those learnings and ideas to your day-to-day work.
Qualifications and attributes:
- 5+ years of experience with project management or product development and manufacturing processes, preferably with children’s products
- Strength in project management and detail orientation is essential; knowledge of project management software such as Smartsheet and Airtable is a plus
- Experience managing overseas projects preferred
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks at one time through excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong time management skills and the ability to adhere to deadlines
- Ability to work and remain adaptable in a fluid, fast-paced environment
- Creative and resourceful
- Understanding of manufacturing timelines and knowledgeable in manufacturing techniques and processes
- Deep empathy and intuition for parents, caregivers, and young children
- Overall aesthetic sensibility with the ability to visualize, conceptualize and imagine beautiful product experiences our customers will love
- BS in New Product Development or related field of study
- Outstanding academic track record; preference for candidates who attended rigorous academic programs