Lovevery is a fast-growing direct-to-consumer startup cofounded by successful serial entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident in giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. To deliver an exceptional experience for our customers, Lovevery needs to consistently produce premium quality products, with customer safety and satisfaction as top priorities.
Lovevery is looking for an experienced Product Development leader to join the Product Development team. The right candidate will lead taking products from concept to reality through the management of a fast paced, cross-functional product development cycle that includes Design, Testing, Engineering, Content Creation and Manufacturing. The following attributes in a candidate are essential to success in this role:
- Functional Leadership — The success of the company depends on the ability of the Product team to execute on the product pipeline. You have a passion for creating best-in-class products, lead with vision, and collaborate naturally with others to reach the goals of the team and company. You drive the product roadmap and ensure that product launches are on time, within budget, and meet the standards of the brand.
- Project Management — Work ethic, responsiveness, and results orientation matter in every role at Lovevery. With everyone working hard to achieve the company’s goals, having strong project planning skills and a structured approach to big decisions such as product launch dates, new supplier selection, and manufacturing tradeoffs are essential.
- Communication — It is especially critical for the person managing the development of our products to be an exceptional communicator with other teams. This is a connective role with important interfaces across the entire company. You are skilled at structured and complete communication, and you are comfortable articulating what needs to be done when things are ambiguous.
- Process Improvement — We are launching increasingly more products and need to do so with greater efficiency while maintaining exceptional product quality and customer experience. You are able to identify, analyze, and improve upon existing product development and business processes. While we are not tied to specific methodologies, you help us implement best practices and new ideas to help us increase productivity to reach our goals.
- Passion for Early Childhood Development
- Competitive salary, benefits, and stock options package
- Drive the physical product roadmap and ensure that product launches are on time, within budget, and meet the standards of the brand
- Define and own the master production schedule in order to bring product visions to life
- Support Product leads in building, maintaining and managing each product’s project schedule and activities from the beginning of its development cycle to launch date
- Work with the Sourcing team overseas and factories; travel to Asia 1-2 times per quarter required
- Manage cross-functional processes that includes Design, Regulatory, Engineering, and Manufacturing and diligently prioritize deliverables of product development in a fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders
- Work closely with leadership to make sure that the scope and direction of each project is on schedule
- Regularly communicate product updates and changes to other functions and stakeholders, including Finance, Operations, Marketing, Quality, and Sourcing teams
- Manage vendors through the details of each product in the development process, and identify areas and opportunities for negotiation
- Understand dependencies and identify risks that could impact schedule, and work to proactively resolve issues in order to maintain schedule
- Track and manage product costs with impeccable financial discipline, staying aligned with the Operations and Finance teams
- Support Director of Operations in achieving supply chain transparency to ensure the Lovevery values of social responsibility and environmental sustainability are met
- Work with Engineering and Quality departments to evaluate product prototypes. Provide feedback to overseas partners in a timely manner
- Review customer feedback to gain insight into recent product launches and drive product improvement plans
- Remain up to on trends in the parent and baby space, and proactively bring those learnings and ideas to your day-to-day work
Qualifications and attributes:
- 5+ years of experience with project management or product development and manufacturing processes, preferably with children’s products
- Strength in project management and detail orientation is essential; knowledge of project management software such as Airtable, MS Project, or Jira is a plus
- Experience managing overseas projects preferred
- Ability to work and remain adaptable in a fluid, fast-paced environment
- Creative and resourceful
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks at one time through meticulous organization and attention to detail
- Strong time management skills and the ability to adhere to deadlines
- Understanding of manufacturing timelines and knowledgeable in manufacturing techniques and processes
- Deep empathy and intuition for parents, caregivers, and young children
- Overall aesthetic sensibility with the ability to visualize, conceptualize and imagine beautiful product experiences our customers will love
- BS in New Product Development or related field of study
- Outstanding academic track record; preference for candidates who attended rigorous academic programs