Lovevery is one of the fastest growing digitally native brands in the country, cofounded by successful serial entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Taking a science-based approach, Lovevery products have won awards from Red Dot, Parents’ Choice, and NAPPA. TIME Magazine named The Play Kits subscription offering as one of the Best Inventions of 2018. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life.
We are looking for a Staff Accountant to help manage the day to day accounting operations to ensure the accuracy of Lovevery's financial records and maintain/document internal controls over financial reporting, as well as ensure the custody of company assets, the integrity of the accounting systems and processes, and evaluate standards to minimize business and financial risk. The ideal candidate will be resourceful and adaptable, as well as able to maintain a high degree of flexibility. Must be able to succeed in a team based, collaborative culture where open communication, prudent risk taking and idea generation from all levels are encouraged and rewarded as part of the pursuit of corporate results. This role will report to the Controller and will be based at Lovevery HQ in Boise, Idaho.
· Competitive salary, benefits, and stock options package
As a Staff Accountant You Will
· Manage core accounting functions including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Tax
· Upload daily credit card deposits and prepare schedules for proper G/L posting and reconciliation
· Be a key player in the month-end and year-end close process
· Partner closely with FP&A and Financial Reporting around monthly variance analysis, management reporting, and GAAP reporting
· Perform reviews to ensure accuracy and compliance with GAAP to ensure we are ready for our first-year external audit
· Assist and prepare documents for our first-year external audit
· Document financial processes and accounting policies and standard operating procedures
· Work on ad-hoc accounting and finance projects
· Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience in public accounting or a startup/fast-growing company; CPA a plus
· Familiar with Quickbooks and ERP systems such as Netsuite
· Ability to think across multiple dimensions of a business and work cross-functionally to deliver results.
· Self-disciplined and motivated in an unstructured environment that requires flexibility, creativity and humble hustle
· You are resourceful and not afraid to roll up your sleeves.