Lovevery is a fast-growing digitally native brand co-founded by successful serial entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. Taking a science-based approach, Lovevery products have won awards from Red Dot, Parents’ Choice, and NAPPA. TIME Magazine named The Play Kits subscription offering as one of the Best Inventions of 2018.
We are a company striving to create world-class physical products, web and mobile experiences for our customers. The Lovevery digital product team is looking for a User Experience / User Interface (UX/UI) Designer with a passion and curiosity to solve problems, build consistency across our products, improve accessibility, and create delightful experiences for our customers. Candidates should be organized, adaptive, self-motivated, and collaborative. They should be able to take on a project or task from start to finish.
As a Lovevery UX/UI Designer, you will own and drive the design for multiple applications and platforms that support the Lovevery business and customer experience. You’ll work collaboratively in a team with product management, engineering, and marketing to create, refine, and explore new and better solutions for our customers. In a fast-paced, collaborative environment, you’ll drive UX design from research and early-stage concepts all the way through final delivery and launch.
Potential design opportunities include
- Create experiences that bridge the gap between physical and digital products
- Iterate on new subscription, cart, and checkout experiences
- Create new and impactful product pages to better communicate features and benefits
- Improve and optimize our gifting experience
- Define, test, and spec new site architecture and navigation for our growing product lines
- Create, test, and spec community functionality for our upcoming mobile app
- Design for international considerations such as localization and compliance
- Create and refine reusable and accessible components for our growing design component library
- Schedule, run, and analyze customer research on our digital products
We are obsessed with giving families the best products and content for early childhood, and this is an important role in making that happen at Lovevery.
- Be a champion of our customers
- Facilitate Lovevery’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for the digital platform and products
- Create user-centered designs that drive business metrics (ex. conversion rate, engagement, NPS)
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
- Develop and maintain detailed information architecture and design specifications
- Conduct user research, interviews and surveys, and use the information to create customer journey maps, wireframes, and prototypes
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers
- Gather and analyze metrics post-launch to inform design/UX optimization efforts
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas
Qualifications and attributes
- Bachelor's degree or comparable professional experience in human-centered design, psychology, web design, or other relevant disciplines
- 3+ years of professional experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar preferably with rich web experience. Mid- and senior-level designers please apply.
- Humble hustle — You are a go-getter who makes things happen. You’re aware you don’t know everything, are willing to learn new things and have an idea/methodology to go about getting things done. You are organized, kind, clear, and thorough.
- Listener — You build empathy and understanding by listening to our customers—parents, caregivers, and young children—and use those learnings to create impactful and delightful experiences
- Have experience with modern design and prototyping tools (We use Figma)
- A strong eye for visual design — visual hierarchy, layout, typography, and color choice. Marketing or eCommerce design experience is a plus.
- You have solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for decisions
- Experience collaborating with engineering and marketing teams
- Time management skills and the ability to adhere to deadlines. Demonstrates a strong sense of urgency with the flexibility to shift gears as priorities change.
- A general understanding of web and mobile technologies. Front-end coding experience is a plus, but not required.
- You have and are willing to share a strong portfolio of design projects that are driven by clear metrics (ex. usability, conversion rate, NPS, engagement, accessibility)
Location and applicant details
- Lovevery is based in Idaho with an office located in downtown Boise
- This is a remote-friendly position and we encourage US-based candidates to apply
- We are unable to provide sponsorship for international candidates at this time
- Competitive salary, benefits, and stock options package
- The usual paid holidays and a few extras (ex. Election day)
- Paid maternity or paternity leave
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Free/discounted Lovevery products