Lovevery is a fast-growing digitally native brand co-founded by successful serial entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. Taking a science-based approach, Lovevery products have won awards from Red Dot, Parents’ Choice, and NAPPA. TIME Magazine named The Play Kits subscription offering as one of the Best Inventions of 2018.
We are looking for a Vice President, Operations to ensure our valued customers receive Lovevery’s products in an eco-friendly, cost effective and timely manner. As the Vice President, Operations, you will be responsible for Lovevery’s global supply chain and operations, with a focus on strategic planning and execution to enhance profitability, productivity, efficiency, sustainability, quality, global expansion, and innovation.
The Vice President, Operations will oversee all operational functions across North America, Europe and China. This role will report directly to the Co-Founder & CEO of Lovevery and will serve as a member of the executive team.
We are obsessed with giving families the best products and content for early childhood, and this is an important role in making that happen at Lovevery. If you are an experienced operations and supply chain leader in the consumer space and you have a passion for early childhood, you could be part of something special.
The Vice President, Operations is an experienced operations executive who has generated significant impact through both strategic and tactical leadership and will manage the following operational areas at Lovevery: product development, production, warehousing and order fulfillment, retail distribution, global logistics and expansion, demand planning, procurement, margin improvement, supplier relations, sustainability, and product quality and safety. Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that Quality and Safety is a top priority for all Lovevery products.
- Leading an effective, cross-functional team to bring innovative products to market on time and at or below cost targets.
- Achieving a world-class customer-first and cost-efficient supply chain including warehousing, and forward and reverse logistics operations.
- Supporting profitable global expansion through efficient and reliable localized logistics partners and quality programs.
- Supporting sales and operations teams in optimized planning for reliable customer deliveries while also balancing company cash needs under high growth conditions.
- Managing the global manufacturing and inventory strategy, including demand planning to meet company sales goals.
- Developing a plan to protect supply in the case of interruptions, tariffs, or natural disasters.
- Negotiating contracts with key suppliers and ensure supply chain can meet and, in some cases, exceed growth targets.
- Developing and implementing continued improvements in global warehouse/product distribution strategies.
- Initiating and leading cost reduction and margin improvement projects across the supply chain.
- Actively leading continuous improvement activities within the organization and with outside 3PL suppliers.
- Promote “total customer satisfaction” (delivery, quality etc.) within all Operations teams.
- Defining and developing information systems requirements to support global scalability and process improvement initiatives.
- Leading process and team driving towards short- and long-term sustainability goals.
- Creating, developing and monitoring KPI metrics for operations and providing updates and recommendations that improve operational results and profitability of the company.
- Driving employee engagement by establishing team communication channels, training, mentorship and recognition programs to attract and retain the key talent.
- Establishing the strategic vision for the operations functions and integrating these initiatives across the organization.
- 15+ years of operations and supply chain management experience within the consumer goods space, in progressively senior positions.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a Technical/Engineering discipline, preferably with an MBA, but not essential.
- Formal qualifications in supply chain, manufacturing management, engineering, six sigma or lean or supply chain focused areas.
- In depth knowledge and experience with key supply chain/logistics processes, best practices, and implementing process improvements.
- Ability to manage Third Party Logistics (3PL), freight companies and other logistics suppliers, including supplier negotiation skills, proven cost reduction efforts and experience with contracts.
- Experience supporting and developing emerging markets and expert-level knowledge of domestic and international logistics and supply chain strategies, processes, and functions needed to support company growth and success
- Experience directing the operations in a multi-site supply chain system.
- A strong track record of attracting, developing and retaining top talent.
- The ability to solve problems and make decisions, as well as think laterally and offer creative solutions.
- Passionate about how operations and supply chain are enablers for business growth and are comfortable delivering against KPIs.
- A strong communicator and comfortable at all levels with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions.
- Analytical with strong financial management abilities, P&L is a plus.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative culture with the ability to lead and drive high performing teams.
- Inspired by parenthood and early childhood products and you have empathy for parents.
- This role is based in Boise, ID in our global HQ.
- The candidate must be able to travel to China and Europe locations an estimated 20%.