Lovevery is a fast-growing digitally native brand co-founded by successful serial entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. Taking a science-based approach, Lovevery products have won awards from Red Dot, Parents’ Choice, and NAPPA. TIME Magazine named The Play Kits subscription offering as one of the Best Inventions of 2018.
We are seeking a Director, Talent Development to help accelerate the growth of Lovevery’s people and business. You will lead our Performance Management program and incorporate Learning & Development into our performance management strategy, focused on continuous learning and empowering employees to operate at scale and deliver against business goals. This role is strategic and hands-on, reporting into the VP, Talent & Culture and will partner with managers across the organization. The company employs 200+ people across our Boise HQ, remote US, Hong Kong and Amsterdam offices.
- Responsible for building, leading, and improving our performance management framework, learning and development programs, onboarding, organizational design, and talent assessment, incorporating internal mobility and succession planning.
- Empower our people and managers with tools and frameworks they need to be successful in a high performing culture.
- Be an ambassador of company culture and work closely with leaders to ensure Lovevery's inclusive and performance-oriented culture continues to scale as the company grows.
- Investigate and implement new ways to assess, motivate, develop, and retain talent.
- Develop data-driven strategies to demonstrate business and learner impact and effectiveness.
- Incorporate L&D progress as part of the performance management program that reinforces our performance-aligned culture, ability to attract and retain top talent, cultivate, and reinforce key behaviors, and closes the skill gaps.
- Conduct talent assessments using 9-box model that identifies top performers across the organization and helps to inform succession planning.
- Lead the coordination and delivery of onboarding and recurring training programs incorporating ongoing feedback to ensure our onboarding and training programs are effective and delivering results.
- Partner with the VP, T&C and other senior leaders to identify training needs for the organization.
- Support in the creation of individualized development plans (IDPs) that support individual career and learning objectives that align with company business goals.
- Recommend a LMS (learning management system) learning technologies to drive scale and automation.
- Support diversity, equity and inclusion programs, corporate social responsibility and other HR related projects.
- Act as local senior HR support for Boise HQ and will directly manage two T&C team members.
- Actively participate in the broader Talent and Culture strategy, initiatives, and projects.
- 10+ years experience in an HR/People role, with a focus in Performance Management, Organizational Design and/or Employee Development in a high growth, digital-first organization. Preference for e-commerce or tech company experience.
- 7+ years experience building and implementing Learning & Development (L&D) programs with strong consulting, coaching and facilitation experience.
- You have a growth mindset, are business and talent focused and able to shape and lead a data-driven Performance Management process that enables our employees to be at their very best.
- You know how to incorporate L&D progress as part of the performance management program and close identified skill gaps.
- Exceptional project and process management skills with a demonstrated track record of delivering high-quality results in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills and the ability to influence people at all levels.
- Experience training and coaching people managers, particularly around goal setting and feedback (i.e. OKRs).
- Strong familiarity with people-related information systems; creating and improving workflows and internal processes with a focus on improving the employee experience.
- Experience with people analytics and the ability to analyze and present data in a meaningful way.
- Outstanding team player with proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities.
- You have a passion for DEI and ability to champion the efforts throughout a global organization.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- The position is located in Boise, ID and remote arrangements will not be considered for this role. Relocation assistance will be provided.
- The person in this role must be able to travel if needed, attend events, and interact with both employees and other persons outside of Lovevery. Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is required.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, benefits, and stock option package
- 12 Company paid holidays; 3 Weeks of PTO
- Generous parental leave for new parents
- Free/discounted Lovevery products
Lovevery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in all forms. All employment decisions at Lovevery are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, HIV status, marital status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.