Lovevery is a fast-growing digitally native brand co-founded by successful serial entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. Taking a science-based approach, Lovevery products have won awards from Red Dot, Parents’ Choice, and NAPPA. TIME Magazine named The Play Kits subscription offering as one of the Best Inventions of 2018.
We are a company striving to create world-class physical products, web and mobile experiences for our customers. The Lovevery digital product team is looking for our first User Researcher to join our fast-growing team. As a Lovevery User Researcher, you’ll be the voice of the customer -- producing actionable insights that makes our experience continually better. You’ll work collaboratively with product management, design and engineering to create, refine and test better solutions for our customers. We’re a fast-paced, collaborative environment and excited to bring someone on to help us define user research at Lovevery.
What You’ll Do
- Develop a deep understanding of our target customers and produce actionable insights that influence the roadmap
- Be a voice of our customers and represent their needs and desires
- Champion the role research plays in the product development process
- Plan, execute and evaluate research studies to discover and apply insights so we’re building the best experience possible
- Conduct everything from strategic to tactical research. Help us develop our personas and understanding of use cases - all the way to usability testing.
- Collaborate with product analysts to marry qualitative with quantitative insights
- Choose the right user research methodology for the task at hand and be able to articulate why it’s the best fit
- Work closely with product management, engineering and design to plan research that directly impacts what the team builds
- Partner with design to evaluate the usability of product features
- Independently lead all phases of research and testing: define the problem, chose the research method, collaborate with stakeholders, conduct sessions, analyze the data and present your findings
- Five years of experience or more doing user research at a software company, employing a variety of user research techniques
- Humble hustle — You are a go-getter who makes things happen. You’re aware you don’t know everything, are willing to learn new things and have an idea/methodology to go about getting things done. You are organized, kind, clear, and thorough.
- Listener — You build empathy and understanding by listening to our customers—parents, caregivers, and young children—and share those learnings broadly.
- You have solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present recommendations based on your knowledge of our customers
- Experience collaborating with engineering, product management and design teams
- Experience with a wide variety of both quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Competitive salary, benefits, and stock options package
- The usual paid holidays and a few extras (ex. Election day)
- Paid maternity or paternity leave
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Free/discounted Lovevery products