Lovevery is a fast-growing direct-to-consumer startup co-founded by successful serial entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. Our goal is to help every parent feel confident. Our play products are designed by child development experts and distilled to their simplest, purest purpose: to be exactly what children need at each stage.Taking a science-based approach, Lovevery products have won awards from Red Dot, Parents’ Choice, and NAPPA. TIME Magazine named The Play Kits subscription offering as one of the Best Inventions of 2018.
We are looking for a Director, Regulatory Compliance reporting to the VP Quality, Safety and Regulatory Compliance. The Director, Regulatory Compliance will be responsible for understanding the regulatory landscape for all the markets that we currently sell in or intend to expand in. This individual will monitor emerging or changing regulatory requirements and will distill this information to the product development team so that new products, as well as ongoing products,will be compliant to all applicable standards throughout the lifecycle of the product.
- Research applicable regulatory requirements within the markets of distribution at the federal, state and local level. This includes both mandatory and voluntary requirements
- Establish a system of outlining and communicating regulatory requirements in a way that can be used for product development to aid in ensuring compliance with product, package, labeling.
- Monitor changes in the regulatory landscape and document and communicate them to ensure new as well as continuing items remain compliant, including corrective action.
- Primary contact with outside, accredited, third party laboratories for compliance issues
- Assist with decision making around potential compliance issues. This will include corrective action definition.
- Establish processes, procedures and systems for developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) around compliance, internal safety requirements and reliability requirements.
- Assume overall responsibility for the maintenance of SOP’s
- Manage all product level certificates of compliance
- Primary contact for retailers from a compliance point of view
- Establish system to house compliance documentation and one to allow retailer self-service for compliance certificates
Qualifications and attributes
- 10 years minimum experience in toy or consumer goods in the area of Regulatory Compliance.
- ASTM subcommittee experience a plus.
- Regulatory standards experience highly desired.
- US and international toy and children's products and/or child care article standards knowledge required.
- Work well in a fast paced team environment
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be a good problem solver
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering field or related technical field, MBA or Masters of Engineering a plus.
- This position is remote friendly. Travel is required, predominantly to the corporate office in Boise, Idaho periodically with some international travel required as needed.