Lovevery is one of the fastest growing direct-to-consumer startups, co-founded by serial entrepreneurs based in the US. As a purpose-driven company, we have created an early learning platform to help parents everywhere feel confident in giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. Our stage-based play products are designed by child development experts, and have won awards from for example TIME Magazine and Red Dot. Our products have been featured in for example Vogue, Eltern, Glamour, the Independent, Ouders van Nu and InStyle. Lovevery is backed by leading VCs such as Maveron, Google Ventures, and the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative.
Lovevery has expanded into Europe and is looking for a Regional Marketing Manager, Northern Europe to build and drive sales, marketing, and omni-channel growth strategy for Northern Europe, focused on Germany, Sweden, Norway and Denmark. This position reports to the Director, Marketing Europe. This is an exciting opportunity for a multi-talented market launcher who has previous success growing a startup internationally and is passionate about our space. Come and grow with our talented team of among others ex Tesla, ex Uber and ex McKinsey talent!
What You’ll Do
Our immediate mandate is to grow the Northern European subscription customer base for Lovevery’s Play Kits in 2021 and beyond. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Sales: Develop and implement our local sales and ecommerce strategies - both for our own website and marketplaces like Amazon - focused on driving subscription growth in Northern Europe.
- Partnerships: Develop and nurture brand partnerships with like-minded German and Scandinavian brands.
- Press: Manage a local PR freelancer to generate positive press coverage within Scandinavia and German.
- Lifecycle Marketing: Drive localisation of the customer lifecycle marketing plan. This includes blogs, emails, and partnership activity.
- Influencer marketing: Build and nurture long term relationships with key influencers within the Northern European market.
- Performance Marketing: Contribute to the content and strategy of our rapid iterative creative campaigns for both digital and offline platforms.
- Social Media: Contribute to the Social Media calendar, together with the Marketing Director.
- Research/Insights: Proactively follow trends in the baby/early childhood/parent category and bring those learnings and new ideas to your day-to-day work. Regularly speak with local parents to ensure that we are best addressing their needs.
Who You Are
You are well-rounded in direct-to-consumer sales and marketing guru. Ideally the candidate has prior experience launching a US direct-to-consumer startup in Germany or Scandinavia, and has adapted from in-market key learnings.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in sales/marketing roles and/or opening new international market(s) for a direct-to-consumer company.
- You are a creative and analytical “doer” with exceptional initiative and fluidity to make things happen. Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- You understand how to translate Lovevery consumer marketing content for relevancy in your markets.
- You can think strategically but you love being hands-on in your approach.
- You have experience in driving successful sales and marketing campaigns.
- You have some understanding of ecommerce performance metrics and web analytics.
- Outstanding project management and organisational skills. Ability to juggle competing projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, German and preferably one other -- Swedish, Norwegian or Danish. Ability to adapt content to Lovevery’s tone of voice.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or another related field. Master’s degree preferred.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- Competitive salary, benefits, and stock option package
- Central Amsterdam location + commuter perks
- Choice of Macbook or PC
- Paid parental leave for new parents
- Free/discounted Lovevery products
- Fast-growing, collaborative and international startup culture!