Lovevery is a fast-growing digitally native brand co-founded by successful entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Our customers are parents. Our mission is to help them feel confident giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. Taking a science-based approach, Lovevery products have won awards from Red Dot, Parents’ Choice, and NAPPA. TIME Magazine named The Play Kits subscription offering as one of the Best Inventions of 2018.
We are a company striving to have manufacturing transparency and sustainability as a high priority. Lovevery is looking for an intern candidate with a passion for solving environmental challenges, an interest in corporate sustainability and a desire to promote supplier responsibility. Candidates should be organized, adaptive, independent in projects but collaborative in ideas; they should be able to lead a project from start to finish.
Conduct research into new technologies relevant to sustainability practices in the retail and direct-to-consumer production environment. Work with Operations, Product Development and Design teams to implement next steps in sustainability. Example research focus and operational areas include:
- Undertake Carbon footprint mapping
- Identifying Biodegradable or waste reduction processes
- Develop and implement sustainable packaging solutions
- Research certification requirements for various sustainable materials
- Assist in achieving B Corp certification
- Research inventory optimal transit routes for environmental efficiency
- Develop insights and strategic perspective on new opportunities
- Support product clear sustainability language in packaging and brand messaging
Qualifications and attributes:
- Background in environmental science, supply chain management, sustainability, or other relevant discipline. Masters or MBA candidate preferred.
- Experience in sustainability in retail and direct-to-consumer sectors is desirable.
- Humble Hustle — You are a go-getter who makes things happen. You’re aware you don’t know everything, are willing to learn new things and have an idea/methodology to go about getting things done. You are organized, kind, clear, and thorough.
- You show empathy for parents, caregivers, and young children with a keen intuition for their desires and requirements
- You have solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for decisions. You can articulate a compelling vision.
- Project Management — Work ethic, responsiveness, and results orientation matter in every role at Lovevery. You are comfortable owning a major work stream focused on uncovering and assessing value creation opportunities within our product creation process.
- Time management skills and the ability to adhere to deadlines . Demonstrates a strong sense of urgency with the flexibility to shift gears as priorities change