Lovevery is a fast-growing direct-to-consumer startup co-founded by successful serial entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. Our goal is to help every parent feel confident. Our play products are designed by child development experts and distilled to their simplest, purest purpose: to be exactly what children need at each stage.Taking a science-based approach, Lovevery products have won awards from Red Dot, Parents’ Choice, and NAPPA. TIME Magazine named The Play Kits subscription offering as one of the Best Inventions of 2018.
We are looking for a Manager, Safety and Quality Engineering to ensure our valued parents receive safe and high quality products. Reporting to the VP Quality, Safety and Regulatory Compliance, the Manager, Safety and Quality Assurance will be responsible for working closely with our product development teams to ensure new products are safe, compliant to all applicable standards and are designed to meet our consumer’s expectations for durability. This will be verified through test protocols Quality Engineering will define at various points of development, pre-production and production.
- Responsible for working with core development team to ensure concepts being advanced in early stages of development are compliant, safe and will meet the expectations of the consumer from a quality perspective
- Will develop product level quality specifications that will define regulatory requirements and internal safety requirements to be applied. Will also define reliability test plans that represent brand expectation and will ensure high levels of consumer satisfaction.
- Will manage all third-party regulatory testing and will be primary contact with those test labs for initial qualification as well as periodic testing.
- Will assess bread board models and samples at various stages of development as life cycle advances and provide timely feedback to development and manufacturing source teams to address quality, safety and potential regulatory issues.
- Will lead effort to conduct product level Hazard Analysis early in product lifecycle
- Will monitor consumer feedback once products launch and work with development teams and manufacturing sources to implement effective corrective actions to products
- Will help define and assist with the implementation of standards across the product line.
- Will chair periodic meetings with cross-functional teams that will analyze consumer data and trends from a quality point of view.
Qualifications and attributes
- 7+ years in the consumer products field managing product level Quality assurance, regulatory compliance and safety concerns. Toy experience is a plus.
- Work well in a fast paced team environment
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be a good problem solver
- Ability to apply engineering analysis tools
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering field or related technical field, MBA or Masters of Engineering a plus.
- The position is located in our Boise, Idaho Headquarters and will require periodic travel to locations outside of the US.