Lovevery is a fast-growing direct-to-consumer startup cofounded by successful serial entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. Sometimes, they reach out to us by email, direct message, or phone with a question, concern, or feedback. How we respond to them is fundamental to our success.
Lovevery is looking for an experienced Director to join the Customer Experience team. We are looking for an individual to work directly with the team that’s on the front lines with our customers each day. This role will directly manage a subset of the Customer Experience team and report to and work closely with Lovevery’s Sr. Director, Customer Experience on executional and strategic work.
The following attributes in a candidate for this role are a priority:
- Communication – Our customers are sometimes exhausted or even overwhelmed with the demands of a new baby in their lives, so empathy conveyed through clear and thoughtful written and spoken communication is critical to every experience they have with Lovevery. You must be an exceptional writer and communicator.
- Action – Work ethic, responsiveness, and results orientation matter in every role at Lovevery. They are especially important to ensuring customer satisfaction, where your actions are often expected to turn a negative into a positive.
- Curiosity – You must have a desire to learn and be genuinely excited and passionate to understand and communicate the research behind Lovevery.
- Leadership - The right candidate is able to handle ambiguity and navigate the new challenges of a rapidly growing startup. You are comfortable with change and can quickly adapt to new environments.
- You will directly manage a team of approximately 15 direct reports, in addition to developing and expanding upon the current structure of the CX team through hiring and recruiting.
- You will be responsible for communicating the ever-evolving changes of the business with the frontline team, and assisting with problem-solving and responding to customers, including handling direct escalations and making policy recommendations as needed.
- You will own the training program for new and current CX members from start to finish.
- You will help identify the most impactful KPIs and set benchmarks and processes for monitoring and improvement.
- You will delineate workflows, policies and best practices for handling customer concerns.
- You will work closely with the Sr. Director of Customer Experience to manage the day-to-day and longer-term strategic needs of the CX team.
Qualifications and attributes
- You are an energetic and natural team builder, with experience recruiting, training, and leading a team.
- You have at least 3 years of management with mentoring direct reports and know what it takes to inspire, motivate and coach others. Experience with quickly scaling an e-commerce team is a plus.
- You build rapport easily. You are an organized communicator with a naturally warm tone. Your written, verbal and listening skills are superior, and you bring intention and meaning to each interaction.
- You have a history of creating and delivering a training program that is both effective and efficient.
- You are technically savvy and can easily master a digital platform. You have a significant amount of expertise configuring, pulling and analyzing reports to make data-driven recommendations and decisions.
- You think parenthood and early childhood are really inspiring things to work on and you have deep empathy for parents. You are into babies and little kids.
- You have a genuine “servant’s heart” and will do whatever it takes to ensure a good customer experience.
- You are not flustered easily and can solve multiple problems in parallel quickly and flawlessly.
- You are fastidious to a fault. You set high standards for yourself and meet them. You take pride in being a responsive and thoughtful person.
- You are an excellent writer and communicator. A cover letter sharing your passion for customer experience is highly desired.
- You are discreet and careful with customer and confidential information.
- You have a Bachelor's Degree.
- You must be local to the Boise area, or otherwise be willing to relocate.