Lovevery’s co-founders and investors have big plans for how the brand can help families digitally, and it is up to you and other members of our industry-leading product development team to deliver a platform to achieve the company’s vision. You will do it all in a way that lays the groundwork for our global subscription ecommerce platform and a scalable offering of digital products to create an extraordinary and unmatched experience for our customers. We are looking for a Senior Front-end Engineer to help us create this new type of ecommerce and community experience. This role is primarily front-end but requires full-stack knowledge and covers architectural vision to implementation.
The following attributes in a candidate are essential to success in this role:
- Full-Stack View with a Front-End focus - You will be architecting a solution that extends from the UI through the back-end and into the data models. Your primary focus is to build robust, high performing front-end web experiences and to do so, you will have to provide input into the right back-end APIs to support your work. You’ll deliver full solutions, features and non-functional requirements such as cross-device compatibility, performance, security, and testability.
- Pragmatism – You will be building new digital products in this role, adding features to existing ecommerce platforms, and integrating third party solutions to create the best experience in the most pragmatic way. You must have the ability to look beyond the current technology stack to get things done.
- Business-Minded - You will define the ideal technical solution and roadmap and be able to prioritize business trade-offs for each roadmap item.
- Quality-Focused - You will be a champion for building things in a robust, scalable way and developing automation and monitoring to prevent regressions that will impact customers' experience with Lovevery.
- Design and optimize the front-end architecture for all of Lovevery’s web experiences – owning the frameworks and systems needed to deliver the product vision, roadmap, and strategy.
- Continually evolve the codebase to deliver customer and business needs.
- Work closely with both the product and engineering teams.
- Define and establish front-end development best practices and patterns.
- Help make technical recommendations on make vs buy decisions.
- Lead delivery of product solutions and features.
- Mentor and pair with mid-level and junior software engineers in order to develop their skills and understanding of the code, programming languages, and frameworks employed within the Lovevery platform.
- You think parenthood and early childhood are really inspiring things to work on and you have empathy for parents as users of digital products.
- You are passionate about understanding the customer and delivering an amazing customer experience through digital solutions.
- 5+ years in a Senior Software Engineer role, preferably working on consumer-focused rich web apps/sites
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related field preferred.
- You’ve built eCommerce technology solutions and are familiar with solutions like Shopify.
- You have familiarity with Ruby on Rails or PHP.
- You have a solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices.
- You have basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization.
- You have familiarity with a test automation tool and framework such as XUnit, Selenium, etc.
- You have experience with A/B testing platforms such as Optimizely.
- You are a highly effective collaborator that thrives working with teams to solve complicated challenges, driving solutions.
- Your written and oral communications are clear, concise, and thorough.
- You have the ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment and learn rapidly.
- You have an ability to balance user and business impact that has been informed over the years by shipping creative and highly successful consumer tech products.
- You have an intrinsic humble hustle.
Our Benefits Include
- Competitive salary, benefits, and stock options package
- The usual paid holidays and a few extras (ex. Election day)
- Paid maternity or paternity leave
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Free/discounted Lovevery products
- Innovative, fast-paced and team-based culture