Lovevery is a fast-growing digitally native brand co-founded by successful serial entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. Taking a science-based approach, Lovevery products have won awards from Red Dot, Parents’ Choice, and NAPPA. TIME Magazine named The Play Kits subscription offering as one of the Best Inventions of 2018.
Our customers have been asking for us to deliver a digital product experience that is as meaningful as the physical product experience they already get from Lovevery. We are looking for a Director of User Experience to help us create a new type of e-commerce and community experience that delivers value to the user beyond selling physical products, adding meaningful economic value for the brand in the process. In this role, you will be leading a small team of talented User Experience Designers to define the experience for our future technology platform and features. If you are an experienced User Experience and Design leader in the consumer space and you have a passion for early childhood, you could be amazing in this role and be part of something special.
We're looking for a creative, forward-thinking, and highly skilled User Experience and Design leader to be responsible for a team conducting research, developing concepts and mockups for the software development team to implement. You’ll work collaboratively in a team with product management and engineering to create, refine, and explore new and better solutions for our customers. In a fast-paced, collaborative environment, you’ll drive UX design from early-stage concepts all the way through final delivery and launch.
We are obsessed with giving families the best products and content for early childhood, and this is an important role in making that happen at Lovevery. This role will report directly to the Senior Director of Digital Products and will grow with the company as the team scales. This is a strategic position for us, and we are only interested in candidates who can grow with the business and can serve as a technical leader as the company grows.
- Expedite Lovevery’s product vision by leading the UX Design team to research, conceive, prototype and test experiences for the digital platform and products.
- Quickly and iteratively translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups and detailed UI and visual design specifications to Product and Engineering teams, as well as business stakeholders and executive leadership.
- Create user-centered designs by understanding business requirements, voice of the customer, user journeys, customer feedback, and usability findings.
- Lead the UX Design team to take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate designs.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Develop and maintain detailed information architecture and design specifications.
- Create personas through user research and data.
- Conduct user research, interviews and surveys, and use the information to create sitemaps, customer journey maps, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends.
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers.
- Gather and analyze metrics post-launch to inform design/UX optimization efforts.
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
Requirements and attributes
- 10+ years of experience working in UX and design, including 3 years in a leadership position.
- 7+ years of experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar preferably with rich web apps/sites.
- BA/BS degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience (Master’s a plus).
- You think parenthood and early childhood are really inspiring things to work on and you have empathy for parents as users of digital products.
- You have expertise in UX performance optimization using qualitative and quantitative assessments.
- You have experience in being a thought partner with senior creatives to brainstorm and collaborate on concepts and direction.
- You are an expert in high-fidelity mockup and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, Invision, or equivalent.
- You have strong typography, visual, and experience design sensibilities.
- You possess a solid understanding of designing intuitive site functionality, interaction, site architecture, user interfaces, and navigation.
- You have a solid grasp of user-centered design, design thinking, planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Your UX design experience extends across global markets.
- You have extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- You are open to receiving feedback on the designs you create and have experience coaching other designers to accept feedback.
- You are passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation and research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- You have solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions.
- You have and are willing to share a strong portfolio of design projects.
Location & Compensation
- This role can be based anywhere in the US, but our HQ is in Boise, ID. If you are willing to relocate there, we will facilitate your relocation to Boise, ID.
- We offer a competitive salary with attractive benefits including stock options.