Lovevery is a fast-growing digitally native brand co-founded by successful entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. Taking a science-based approach, Lovevery products have won awards from Red Dot, Parents’ Choice, and NAPPA. TIME Magazine named The Play Kits subscription offering as one of the Best Inventions of 2018.
Our customers are asking for us to deliver a digital product experience that is as meaningful as the physical product experience they already get from Lovevery. We are looking for a Software Engineer to help us create a new type of e-commerce and community experience that delivers value to the user beyond selling physical products. This role is for you if you are a self-motivated programmer who is excited to learn daily, work alongside company founders, and keep up with new technologies for professional self-improvement and product enhancement. You’ll be joining a cross-functional team composed of Product Managers, User Experience Designers and other Software Engineers working on current and future technology platforms to build a meaningful digital experience that empowers parents and gives them confidence.
If you are a Software Engineer and you have a passion for early childhood, you could be amazing in this role and be part of something special.
The following attributes in a candidate are important:
- An Intrinsic Humble Hustle - You are a go-getter who makes things happen.
- Ability to Learn Quickly - You’re aware you don’t know everything, are willing to learn new things and have an idea/methodology to go about learning new things. We are raising the bar for our customers every day which requires all of us to continuously grow and learn.
- Strong Collaborator and Communicator - You’ll be working in a world-class cross-functional team where strong communication and collaboration will be a key part of your success.
- Full-Stack View - You will be working on a solution that extends from the back-end and the data model to the UI. You’ll deliver user stories and features and non-functional requirements such as scalability, performance, security, and testability.
- Quality-Focused - You will be a champion for building quality code and are willing to write the test before the code.
- Pragmatism – You will be building new digital products in this role, and you will also be rebuilding e-commerce platforms and stitching together solutions to create the best experience in the most pragmatic way.
We are obsessed with giving families the best products and content for early childhood, and this is an important role in making that happen at Lovevery. This role will have opportunities for growth in the future.
- Competitive salary, benefits, and stock options package
- Excel in delivering solutions of high-quality code that delivers against the business objectives.
- Work closely with a product team consisting of a Product Manager, UX Designer, and other developers to deliver functionality that delights our customers.
- Deliver new and existing product and platform features.
- Build code considering security, testability, maintainability, scalability, and performance.
Qualifications and attributes:
- You think parenthood and early childhood are really inspiring things to work on and you have empathy for parents as users of digital products.
- You are passionate about understanding the customer and delivering an amazing customer experience through digital solutions.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- You’re well versed in working with SQL and relational databases and are curious about graph databases, and may have some experience with databases like Neo4j.
- You are comfortable working in a cloud-based architecture such as AWS or Heroku.
- You have familiarity with a test automation tool and framework such as XUnit, Selenium, etc.
- You are an effective collaborator who thrives working with teams to solve complicated challenges.
- You’ve built eCommerce technology solutions and ideally have some experience with Shopify.
- You are driven and hard-working.
- Your written and oral communications are clear, concise, and thorough.