Lovevery is a fast-growing digitally native brand co-founded by successful serial entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. Taking a science-based approach, Lovevery products have won awards from Red Dot, Parents’ Choice, and NAPPA. TIME Magazine named The Play Kits subscription offering as one of the Best Inventions of 2018.
Our customers have been asking for us to deliver a digital product experience that is as meaningful as the physical product experience they already get from Lovevery.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Product Manager with exceptional problem-solving abilities, clear communication skills, and solid product instincts who can translate business needs into fantastic customer-focused solutions. Ideal candidates are self-starters who bring original ideas and fresh approaches to each project they work on and are responsive, flexible, and thrive in collaborative work environments.
As a Lovevery Product Manager, you will own and drive the definition for multiple applications and platforms that support the Lovevery business and customer experience. You’ll work collaboratively as a team with engineering and UX to create, refine, and explore new and better solutions for our customers. In a fast-paced, collaborative environment, you’ll drive product definition from early-stage concepts all the way through final delivery and launch. You will work closely with the company’s co-founders and leadership team to establish a winning strategy, and interface with partner teams to ensure market-adoption and rapid growth. Your penchant for approaching problems with creative solutions, a passion for early childhood and parents, and ambition to be part of (and lead) an inspiring team are the tools that you’ll need to be a Product Manager.
We are obsessed with giving families the best products and content for early childhood, and this is an important role in making that happen at Lovevery.
What You’ll Do
- Define the product strategy, roadmap and requirements for Lovevery’s digital platform and products in collaboration with Engineering, Marketing, Customer Support and the Leadership teams.
- Discover and prioritize customer use cases and requirements to increase adoption and expand our customer base.
- Define an MVP experience and quickly learn and iterate based on customer feedback.
- Work with our talented engineering teams to build the right software capabilities to address the highest priority use cases.
- Lead a scrum team composed of high calibre engineers and designers to ship experiences that provide game changing value to our customers.
- Create and own digital product success metrics.
- Serve as the domain expert in Lovevery’s digital products and platforms delivering experiences in a space that matters for our customers.
- Quickly and iteratively translate concepts into product specifications to Engineering teams, as well as business stakeholders and executive leadership.
- Create user-centered designs by understanding business requirements, voice of the customer, user journeys, customer feedback, and usability findings.
- Identify customer problems and define elegant solutions.
- Create personas through user research and data.
- Conduct user research, interviews and surveys, and use the information to create sitemaps, customer journey maps, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Gather and analyze metrics post-launch to inform product optimization efforts.
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
- 6+ years of experience in a Product Management role with a software product.
- You think parenthood and early childhood are really inspiring things to work on and you have empathy for parents as users of digital products.
- Experience collaborating with engineering, user research and design teams to deliver software solutions.
- Think like an entrepreneur with a “can do" attitude, and ability and willingness to make an impact.
- You are curious and demonstrate deep customer empathy.
- Bring a design thinking mindset to problem solving.
- You demonstrate strong analytical skills paired with a data-informed mindset.
- You have a great track record with facilitation: people want to work with you, regardless of discipline (engineers, designers).
- You are self-aware with a strong desire to learn and continuously improve.
- You are capable of decomposing a big vision into bite-size milestones.
- You have basic knowledge of web and mobile development and technology and agile project management.
- You have a solid grasp of user-centered design, design thinking, planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, usability and accessibility concerns.
- You have solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for decisions and can articulate a compelling vision.
- Competitive salary, benefits, and stock options package
- The usual paid holidays
- Paid maternity or paternity leave
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Free/discounted Lovevery products