Lovevery is a fast-growing direct-to-consumer startup co-founded by successful serial entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. Taking a science-based approach, Lovevery products have won awards from Red Dot, Parents’ Choice, and NAPPA. TIME Magazine named The Play Kits subscription offering as one of the Best Inventions of 2018.
Lovevery is looking for a dynamic, results-driven leader to develop and own our community partnerships channel that generates demand for Lovevery products. The Senior Manager, Community Partnerships will take the lead on devising and implementing Lovevery’s strategies that drive revenue growth and impact through partners in the parenting, corporate, medical, educational, and childcare verticals across North America. The Senior Manager must be able to not only source and craft mutually beneficial marketing agreements, but also oversee flawless, on-brand execution of them. This strategic position reports directly to the Director of Partnerships. The following attributes in a candidate are essential to success in this role:
Creative business developer - The ideal candidate will have deep knowledge of how to leverage and grow partner relationships, as well as evaluate and secure new partners for achieving business growth goals. They will be full of ideas for creating and tailoring high impact partnerships.
Analytical thinker - Successful partnerships are incredibly difficult to pull off. More often than not, the difference maker is the structure of the deal. Great candidates for this role will be able to grasp the economics and execution pain points for both Lovevery and potential partners and then ideate and craft deals that account for related nuances and optimize for growth.
Mission-driven community builder - The power behind Lovevery's brand is our mission to help parents be more confident that they are giving their children the best opportunity for development. A candidate who embraces and lives this mission in their interaction with partners and their communities as well as our network of brand ambassadors will be 100X more effective in the role as a result.
- Envision new business opportunities, and identify the most promising ones for customer growth by applying both creative and analytical lenses. Source and develop relationships according to this work. Develop business and strategic cases for 'first-of-their-kind' partnership opportunities and drive to investment decisions with the Director of Partnerships.
- Build a pipeline of potential partnerships and initiate contact and negotiations with decision makers within those companies.
- Recruit and manage a brand ambassador network of Lovevery-affiliated parents who help support partnerships in the field and brand education efforts in local communities.
- Finalize operational and contracting details with prospective partners through collaboration with Legal and Finance teams.
- Report out on a regular weekly, monthly, and quarterly cadence to all key stakeholders, with a strong analytical approach and crisp communication style.
- Manage and help develop the overall community partnerships strategy and related business results (revenue and brand awareness), owning core activities.
- Analyze, review and formulate a partner engagement framework. Evaluate new partners and own business requirements to succeed.
- Work with the Marketing team to build repeatable playbooks, collateral, offers, and events to enable partners to promote into their client bases effectively.
- Cultivate executive relationships with partners, optimizing for their performance and identifying additional business opportunities to expand Lovevery revenues through partnership.
- Identify and coordinate the development of new resources and capabilities across internal teams to achieve partner goals. Identify and communicate new market requirements through translating customer needs and competitive landscape.
- Manage and mentor Lovevery's Community Marketing Manager to be an effective amplifier of Lovevery's brand and pursuer of partnership business at your direction.
Qualifications and attributes:
- 8+ years of sales/account management, business development, or strategic partnership experience in a CPG, educational, or related company. Proven understanding and experience with brand-driven marketing preferred.
- Successful track record of developing, establishing, and closing strategic partnerships.
- Management experience.
- Professional and personal knowledge of the early childhood space, as well as an extensive understanding of industry trends and the key players in the competitive landscape.
- Results oriented with strong execution, communication, and relationship management skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree with outstanding academic track record; preference for candidates who attended rigorous academic programs. MBA strongly preferred.
- Positive attitude and willingness to roll up sleeves and dig deep to achieve goals.
- Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business. Strong business and financial acumen.
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and influencing results.
- Excellent cross-group collaboration skills.
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong problem-solving and service orientation.
- Flexibility to travel.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary, benefits, and stock options package
- The usual paid holidays and a few extras (ex. Election Day)
- Paid maternity or paternity leave
- MacBooks are our standard, but we're happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Free/discounted Lovevery products
- Innovative, fast-paced and team-based culture