Lovevery is a fast-growing brand co-founded by successful serial entrepreneurs. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. Taking a science-based approach, Lovevery products have won awards from Red Dot, Parents’ Choice, and NAPPA. TIME Magazine named The Play Kits subscription offering as one of the Best Inventions of 2018. Business Insider listed Lovevery as one of the most promising startups aimed at consumers of 2021, according to top VCs. Lovevery is a Certified B Corporation.
We are looking for a Senior Director, Global Business Development who can assess and commercialize new geographic markets and lines of business for Lovevery, building business cases and external relationships that contribute materially to Lovevery’s long-term revenue growth and market opportunity. This strategic role will be responsible for the entire lifecycle of instantiating new businesses at Lovevery, from initial prioritization and evaluation through to concepting, modeling, staffing, and launching existing Lovevery offerings in new countries as well as establishing new business lines in existing Lovevery geographies.
This is a cross-functional role that will require outstanding strategic thinking, strong financial acumen, and excellent communication skills across international contexts. The Senior Director, Global Business Development will collaborate internally with everyone from product, content, revenue, technology, operations, and finance teams, as well as across respective external stakeholders. This role reports directly to Lovevery’s Cofounder and President. If you possess the required skills, love what Lovevery does, and are excited to work internationally, this could be the perfect opportunity for you to make an impact.
- Contribute to revenue-generating business by concepting, vetting, modeling, and setting up new geographies and lines of business with Lovevery Cofounders and functional leaders
- Identify, scope, lead, and socialize explorations of market sectors that align to Lovevery strategic objectives
- Accountable for all attendant strategic thinking, financial modeling, relationship building, go-to-market pre-planning, and staffing
- Work closely with cross-functional colleagues including product, marketing, sales, partnerships, creative and more to ensure a coordinated approach toward launching new lines of business; drive and manage cross-functional teams across the organization necessary to diligence opportunities
- Provide thought leadership in developing long term strategies and growth opportunities for Lovevery in partnership with Lovevery Cofounders and Lovevery VP Finance & Strategy
Qualifications & attributes
- You have a BA or BS undergraduate degree; an MBA is strongly preferred
- 7+ years of experience in strategic planning and business development, especially within consumer-facing industries (e-commerce, consumer internet, growth CPG); some experience at a top management consulting firm (Bain, BCG, McKinsey) is a major positive
- Experience consistently meeting and exceeding goals
- A confident and eloquent communicator who has experience working with C-Suite contacts and building long term, sustainable business strategies that generate revenue at attractive unit economics
- Proven ability to acquire information through networking and primary research that forwards your understanding of opportunities
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment, is flexible and has high energy to get work done; you take initiative when you see work that needs to be done, and you don’t expect active management
- A skilled business operator with a proven track record understanding new business dynamics and commercializing businesses within new environments successfully
- A team player who represents Lovevery mission and corporate values internally and externally
- This position is remote and can be based anywhere in the US