Lovevery is a fast-growing digitally native brand co-founded by successful serial entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. Taking a science-based approach, Lovevery products have won awards from Red Dot, Parents’ Choice, and NAPPA. TIME Magazine named The Play Kits subscription offering as one of the Best Inventions of 2018.
Our customers have been asking for us to deliver a digital product experience that is as meaningful as the physical product experience they already get from Lovevery. We are looking for an Ecommerce Platform Architect to help us create a new type of ecommerce and community experience that delivers value to the user beyond selling physical products , adding meaningful economic value for the brand in the process. If you are an experienced software developer and architect in the consumer space and you have a passion for early childhood, you could be amazing in this role and be part of something special.
The following attributes in a candidate are paramount:
- Architectural Vision – Lovevery’s co-founders and investors have big plans for how the brand can help families digitally, and it is up to you to architect and other members of the architecture team to deliver a platform to achieve the company’s vision. You will do it all in a way that lays the groundwork for a scalable offering of digital products to create an extraordinary and unmatched experience for our users.
- Pragmatism – You will be building new digital products in this role, re-architecting existing ecommerce platforms and stitching together third party solutions to create the best experience in the most pragmatic way. You must have the ability to look beyond the current technology stack to get things done.
- Full-Stack View - You will be architecting a solution that extends from the UI through the back-end all the to data models. You’ll deliver user stories and features and non-functional requirements such as scalability, performance, security and testability. This role is truly full-stack extending from architectural vision to implementation.
- Quality-Focused - You will be a champion for building things in a robust and scalable way and developing a test suite to prevent regressions that will impact customers' experience with Lovevery.
- Business-Minded - You will define the ideal technical solution and at the same time articulate the building blocks and roadmap to that solution while working with the broader digital product team to articulate business trade-offs for each roadmap item.
We are obsessed with giving families the best products and content for early childhood, and this is an important role for making that happen at Lovevery.
- Competitive salary, benefits, and stock options package
- Architect, refine, and optimize the ecommerce platforms – the architecture team owns the platform architecture needed to deliver the product vision, roadmap and strategy. You will be a core member.
- Work closely with a product team consisting of Product Managers, UX Designers and other developers to deliver functionality that delights our customers.
- Define and establish software development best practices and patterns.
- Continually evolve the system architecture system to deliver customer and business needs.
- Make technical recommendations on make vs buy decisions.
- Lead delivery of product and platform features
- Mentor and pair with mid-level and junior software engineers in order to develop their skills and understanding of the architecture, code, programming languages and frameworks employed within the Lovevery platform.
Qualifications and attributes:
- You think parenthood and early childhood are really inspiring things to work on and you have empathy for parents as users of digital products.
- You have a proven track record as a top performer for 5+ years in a software architect role, preferably in a consumer internet business, digital community business, or consumer products business with a digital experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related field preferred. Masters degree is a plus.
- You have an ability to balance user and business impact that has been informed over the years by shipping creative and highly successful consumer tech products.
- You have a strong working knowledge of any web framework and modern, object-oriented-based programming language.
- You have experience with designing and using a CI/CD framework, working knowledge of Redis, ElasticSearch, Redshift or another NoSQL database, Kafka and/or other messaging solutions.
- You have experience using and architecting solutions in a cloud-based architecture such as AWS.
- You have familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes or any other containerization product and microservices architectures.
- You have opinions about best practices for data models and extracting/aggregating data for BI.
- You have an ability to evaluate make vs buy decisions and provide a recommendation.
- You are a highly effective collaborator that thrives working with teams to solve complicated challenges.
- You are self driven taking complete ownership of your tasks and championing efforts to drive solutions.
- You thrive in your ability to solve complex challenges.
- Your written and oral communications are clear, concise, and thorough.