Lovevery is one of the fastest growing direct-to-consumer startups co-founded by serial entrepreneurs, based in the USA. As a purpose-driven company, we have created an early learning platform to help parents everywhere feel confident in giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. Our stage-based play products are designed by child development experts, and have won awards from TIME Magazine, Fast Company, Red Dot, and Parents'Choice. Lovevery is one of the most capital efficient startups in the US, backed by leading VCs such as Maveron, Google Ventures, and the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative.
Lovevery is expanding into Europe and is looking for a Senior Staff Accountant who will manage our day to day accounting activities across Europe. The role is based in Amsterdam and reports into the US Finance team based in Boise, ID.
- Responsible for the day to day accounting activities of the European subsidiary of Lovevery, Inc – including, but not limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash reconciliations, payroll duties, monthly close journal entries, accruals, and average cost inventory.
- Primary responsibility for payroll processing of Netherlands subsidiary.
- Primary responsibility for European VAT tax filings and reconciliations using Avalara tax software.
- Participate in documentation and information requests for annual audit and annual U.S. based tax filings.
- Act as primary liaison with local tax team in the Netherlands for statutory reporting in the Netherlands.
- Key member of ERP system implementation team (Netsuite).
- Work with U.S. based accounting team to resolve European customer and vendor payment inquiries.
- Process local employee expense reports and credit card statements as needed.
- Implement, adhere to, and assist in revisions to system of internal controls as directed by Controller.
- You have 4-6 years general accounting experience.
- Prior experience working with international or U.S. based company preferred.
- Extensive VAT experience across multiple EU countries.
- General accounts payable, accounts receivable, and bank reconciliation experience.
- Experience in local Netherlands payroll and payroll tax. Experience working with ADP a plus.
- Experience with Avalara global tax solution preferred.
- Expert knowledge of IFRS; working knowledge of US GAAP a plus.
- Ability to work independently, capable of handling a wide variety of responsibilities.
- Thrives in a fast-changing environment.
- Experience with an ERP system – Netsuite preferred.
- Working knowledge of local tax and employment laws required.
- Working knowledge of foreign exchange rates and transfer pricing.