Lovevery is a fast-growing direct-to-consumer startup cofounded by successful serial entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life.
As our business grows in size and complexity, a rigorous and deep understanding of our data is vital to our continued expansion and financial health. Lovevery is recruiting an Analytics Engineer to help us build a deeper understanding of our business through data. This person will empower business users to make informed decisions by providing clean, thoughtfully designed and thoroughly vetted data available to the organization via data tables and our BI tool (currently Looker / SQL Runner).
The following attributes in a candidate are essential to success in this role:
Analytically oriented -- The ideal candidate will think through the questions being asked as well as the implications behind the core need, the appropriate datapoints needed to answer the question, and the optimal end product to deliver enhanced visibility into as much of the business as possible, beyond the initial request. Project design should always keep top of mind the data structure required given the tools available to the end user (basic Excel, Looker).
Passion for data -- You will be a key owner of our analytics layer, and responsible for surfacing reliable data to the business for reporting and decision-making. You will be thoughtful about the relevant datapoints needed and obsessed with accurate data that can be understood and leveraged by the business.
Startup mindset – You will often have to find creative short term solutions to get to an answer and be aware of and communicate the potential pitfalls in the data you were able to compile, while considering the ideal future state and communicating requirements to internal or external partners.
This role is based in Lovevery's Boise HQ.
• Competitive salary, benefits, and stock options package
• Build and maintain the analytics layer of our team's data environment to make data standardized and easily accessible via well structured and documented SQL or python queries generating transformed tables in Redshift
• Maintain and improve models in Looker to ensure that stakeholders can access the data they need in a clear and reliable way
• Meet with stakeholders across the organization to understand business needs and demonstrate how to use the final production data
• Communicating longer term requirements to Engineering or external partners to improve accuracy, speed, or structure of data
Qualifications and Attributes:
• 2+ years of relevant analytical experience
• 2+ years working in a data warehouse
• Advanced in SQL
• Experience building analytical data models
• Experience with or desire to self-teach Python / Jupyter
• BS/BA in a quantitative degree
• Experience with Looker a plus
• Experience in Google Analytics (Clickstream data) a plus
• Strong communicator; experience working with non-technical stakeholders a plus