Lovevery is a fast-growing brand co-founded by successful serial entrepreneurs. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. Taking a science-based approach, Lovevery products have won awards from Red Dot, Parents’ Choice, and NAPPA. TIME Magazine named The Play Kits subscription offering as one of the Best Inventions of 2018.
Lovevery is looking for a Product Development Associate to join the Physical Product Development team. This person will be a liaison between multiple departments to facilitate small to mid size projects required for both sustaining existing product lines as well as introducing new products to market. This role is dynamic and exciting, taking products from concept to reality through a fast paced, cross-functional product development cycle that includes Innovation, Design, Testing, Engineering, Marketing, Content Creation and Manufacturing.
The following attributes in a candidate are essential to success in this role:
- Incredible Attention to Detail — You have strong organizational skills and a keen attention to detail. You have perfectionist tendencies and catch the mistakes that others miss.
- Humble Hustle — You are a go-getter who makes things happen. You’re aware you don’t know everything, are willing to learn new things and have an idea/methodology to go about getting things done.
- Collaboration and Communication — You’ll be working in a cross-functional team where strong communication and collaboration will be key to the team’s success. You are skilled at structured and complete communication, and you are comfortable articulating what needs to be done when things are ambiguous.
- Project Management — Work ethic, responsiveness, and results orientation matter in every role at Lovevery. You are organized, reliable, and love being a part of a broader team making great things happen.
- Organize and facilitate post-market launch product updates
- Manage small-to-mid size new product development from the concept to market by working cross functionally with R&D, Quality and Safety, Production, Marketing, Finance, and Content Teams
- Create and manage project timelines, schedules, and associated product costs to meet the project goals
- Track and report on project status and product costs to project stakeholders
- Participate in creative brainstorming sessions for new idea generation
- Help maintain the accuracy of legacy products, including its packaging and labeling, by identifying the products in need of updates and applying the changes consistently across all products
- Use feedback from customers to gain insight into the market. Apply learnings to improve both future and current products
- Remain up to date on trends in the parent and baby space, and proactively bring those learnings and ideas to your day-to-day work (Preferred)
Qualifications and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of experience in project management; ideally in physical product development field
- Attention to detail and highly organized are essential
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is required due to the potential need for international travel in this role
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks and adjust priorities based on the circumstances
- Strong time management skills and the ability to adhere to deadlines
- Ability to work and remain adaptable in a fluid, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation and group facilitation
- You are a natural team player
- Creative and resourceful
- Ability to learn new tools and processes
- Ability to familiarize yourself with all Lovevery product lines quickly
- Familiarity with using Adobe Illustrator is a plus
- Empathy and intuition for parents, caregivers, and young children
- Willingness to travel overseas about 2 to 4 times a year post COVID
Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary, benefits, and stock options package
- The usual paid holidays and a few extras (ex. Election Day)
- Paid maternity or paternity leave
- MacBooks are our standard, but we're happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Free/discounted Lovevery products
- Innovative, fast-paced and team-based culture
Lovevery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in all forms. All employment decisions at Lovevery are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, HIV status, marital status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.