Lovevery is a fast-growing digitally native brand co-founded by successful entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. Taking a science-based approach, Lovevery products have won awards from Red Dot, Parents’ Choice, and NAPPA. TIME Magazine named The Play Kits subscription offering as one of the Best Inventions of 2018.
Our customers are asking for us to deliver a digital product experience that is as meaningful as the physical product experience they already know from Lovevery. We are looking for a QA Engineer to help us create a new type of e-commerce and community experience that delivers value to the user beyond selling physical products. You’ll be joining a cross-functional team comprised of Product Manager, User Experience Designer, and Software Engineer(s) working on current and future technology platforms and a meaningful digital experience that empowers parents and gives them confidence. As a Lovevery QA Engineer, you will ensure the quality of the Lovevery platform and digital products.
If you are a QA Engineer and you have a passion for early childhood, you could be amazing in this role and be part of something special. Lovevery is looking for an engineer to contribute to our efforts to ensure quality and help us build the next generation of business applications using cutting-edge technologies.
We are obsessed with giving families the best products and content for early childhood, and this is an important role in making that happen at Lovevery. You’ll be helping drive the development of an end-to-end automated test scheme and ensuring quality for our solution as a whole. This role will report to the Sr. Automation Engineer Lead and will have opportunities for growth in the future.
The following attributes in a candidate are important:
- An Intrinsic Humble Hustle - You are a go-getter who makes things happen.
- Ability to Learn Quickly - You’re aware you don’t know everything, are willing to learn new things and have an idea/methodology to go about learning new things. We are raising the bar for our customers every day which requires all of us to continuously grow and learn.
- Strong Collaborator and Communicator - You’ll be working in a world-class cross-functional team where strong communication and collaboration will be a key part of your success.
- Quality-focused with Attention to Detail - You’ll be delivering the experience our customers interact with so attention to detail and a relentless focus on quality is critical.
- Competitive salary, benefits, and stock options package
- Delivering a high-quality digital platform and customer solutions.
- Contributing to an end-to-end automated test scheme.
- Providing test deliverables and actualizing them in an agile environment.
- Creating and maintaining software test cases and documentation for epic-level deliveries and solution releases.
- Contribute to automation framework by adding test scripts that run regularly in CI/CD pipeline and supporting maintenance
- Review and analyze automation results daily to determine potential defects
- Contribute to support of deployments
- Working with a product team to articulate quality requirements.
- Auditing story/feature/bug-level quality.
- Analyzing test results to discover and report out on bugs.
- Working closely with a product team consisting of a Product Manager, UX Designer, and other developers to deliver functionality that delights our customers.
Qualifications and attributes:
- You think parenthood and early childhood are really inspiring things to work on and you have empathy for parents as users of digital products.
- 3+ years of experience as a QA Engineer preferably with rich web apps/sites.
- You have experience testing eCommerce sites.
- You get excited about injecting quality into all aspects of the development process and are willing to expand your skillset to make it happen.
- You are passionate about understanding the customer and delivering an amazing customer experience through digital solutions.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- You have experience testing mobile apps and solutions and are comfortable with a mobile-first approach.
- You have experience writing automated tests for mobile apps using Appium or similar technology
- You have proven working experience in web programming.
- You are proficient in creating and executing test cases based on the understanding of feature goals, software architecture and how our customers use the solutions.
- You are able to work independently in a fast-paced Agile environment.
- You have familiarity with Jira, Confluence, continuous integration and deployment tools.
- You have strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines.
- You have experience with testing APIs and tools such as Postman or SoapUI
- You have familiarity with programming languages like Ruby or Python.
- You have some experience with a test automation tool and framework such as XUnit, Selenium, etc.
- You have experience with A/B testing platforms such as Optimizely.
- You are an effective collaborator who thrives working with teams to solve complicated challenges.
- You are driven and hard-working.
- Your written and oral communications are clear, concise, and thorough.