Lovevery is a fast-growing direct-to-consumer startup cofounded by successful serial entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident in giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. To deliver an exceptional experience for our customers, Lovevery needs to consistently produce premium quality products and trusted and engaging content serving parents.
Lovevery is looking for an Education Research Specialist in Early Child Development (ECD) to join the Curriculum team. This person will be responsible for Lovevery’s outreach to Child Development experts and help define how our teams incorporate and stay up to date on early childhood and infant research.
Key Success Attributes:
- Passion for Early Childhood Development (ECD) — You bring your experience and curiosity in child development to help Lovevery reach its vision for curriculum and content. You understand the ECD landscape. You are driven by Lovevery’s mission.
- Humble Hustle — You are a go-getter who makes things happen. You’re aware you don’t know everything, are willing to learn new things and have an idea/methodology to go about getting things done. You are organized, kind, clear, and thorough.
- Communication — You will help facilitate the relationship between Lovevery and experts, where strong communication will be key. You are skilled at structured and complete communication. You are comfortable representing Lovevery and articulating what needs to be done when things are ambiguous.
- Project Management — Work ethic, responsiveness, and results orientation matter in every role at Lovevery. You are organized, reliable, and love being a part of a broader team making great things happen.
- Competitive salary, benefits, and stock options package
- Identify leading experts in Early Childhood Development, Cognitive Development, and related fields
- Identify opportunities for research to be represented on Lovevery’s platform
- Organize Lovevery’s outreach to relevant researchers and experts
- Drive internal knowledge and expert outreach needs using various data sources (e.g., customer feedback, online communities)
- Support the increasing needs among Product, Content, and Digital teams for ongoing knowledge of early childhood, infant, and whole child development research
- Oversee the completion of each stage of the program rollout
- Create a communication plan to share research highlights internally to support the goals of each team
- Lead the creation of a knowledge library
- Support the Director of Products and Curriculum in achieving the team goals
- Remain up to on trends in the parent and baby research space, and proactively bring those learnings and ideas to your day-to-day work
- Ability to make adjustments along the way
Qualifications and attributes:
- 1-2 years of experience in Education, ECD experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Early Childhood Education, Cognitive Development, Human Development, or related field
- Strong understanding of the ECD landscape, including: researchers, practitioners, initiatives, institutions, family engagement programs, other companies, and trends
- Strong understanding or curiosity for of early (ages 0-5) children’s needs, play-based activities, parenting and linkages among different sectors for children’s holistic development
- Knowledge and comfort with conducting lit searches using Google Scholar, PubMed, and other sources
- Ability to accurately cite and apply research
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Empathy and intuition for parents, caregivers, and young children
- Time management skills and the ability to adhere to deadlines
- Acute attention to detail and project completion
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks
- Creative and resourceful
- Natural team player
- Outstanding academic track record; preference for candidates who attended rigorous academic programs