Lovevery is a fast-growing digitally native brand co-founded by successful serial entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho USA. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences during the critical early years of life. Taking a science-based approach, Lovevery’s stage-based play essentials for children and multi-channel content for parents have been recognised internationally from Red Dot, Spiel Gut, Evening Standard, Eltern, Vogue, Madmoizelle, Pola, and Leben und Erziehen.
Lovevery launched across Europe and in the UK in 2020 with its award-winning products: The Play Gym & The Block Set. Since then the brand has also introduced its flagship early learning subscription program, The Play Kits. With plans for continued expansion in the region, Lovevery is seeking a PR specialist to grow the German market.
We are looking for a Public Relations freelance contractor with seasoned communications experience and existing media relationships to lead and maintain PR efforts across Germany and to help share Lovevery with the German market. You will be joining our team of PR representatives across Europe, strategizing with and reporting to our Global PR Manager.
As an American brand, Lovevery has a strong PR presence in North America and with dedicated Lovevery Europe offices in Amsterdam, is quickly expanding recognition across Europe. With this positioning in place, our available media messaging and assets are designed to make this a quick onboarding process, ready for execution.
We are looking for an ambitious, dedicated contractor who knows the German media landscape and sees the opportunity for Lovevery to fill a gap in the market for parents looking to connect with their children through research-backed, playtime with a purpose.
Scope of work
- Planning & Immersion: Engage in strategic planning sessions with the Lovevery team to review goals, short-term and long-term brand milestones, and overall communications planning for product releases throughout the term of the agreement. Create a PR strategy to execute on with clear goals and KPIs. Identify key PR moments within the German and broader European market.
- Messaging: Collaborate with Lovevery to refine brand messaging for media-facing PR communications specific to the German media market.
- Ongoing Media Outreach: Secure traditional, earned editorial placements for the Lovevery brand and products in publications across print, online and broadcast outlets. Ideal placements include:
- Product placement within lifestyle and children’s/parenting media
- Brand news, business profiles and cofounder features
- Note: Influencer marketing will be handled in-house by Lovevery and not a primary component of the PR contractor scope of work.
- Relationship Building: Engage in dialogue on behalf of Lovevery with a wide range of consumer and business media; lead relationship-building conversations on behalf of the brand and execute one-on-one relationship-builders.
- Editorial Gifting & Seeding: Develop and execute editorial gifting and seeding programs to further education of Lovevery and remain top-of-mind with key targets.
- Reporting: Bi-weekly calls with Global PR Manager and monthly reporting of public relations efforts is expected. Provide ongoing qualitative feedback, advice, and insights on local German market and cultural nuances.
- Fluent in German, with English proficiency.
- Desired 2-5 years experience leading press campaigns in Germany with a proven track record as PR specialist.
- A strong understanding of earned media and demonstrated success managing media relations campaigns and strategies from ideation through execution and reporting.
- Existing relationships with regional, Germany-based media in the consumer goods or lifestyle industries.
- Expertise in PR fundamentals including drafting content, building media lists, pitching, and research.
- A creative storyteller with a keen eye for what makes a compelling pitch angle.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work successfully and efficiently within a remote work environment.
- Estimated hours: minimum of 40 hours per month
- Term: Initial 3 month contract, option for continuation
- Desired start date: August 1, 2022.
Lovevery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in all forms. All employment decisions at Lovevery are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, HIV status, marital status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.