Lovevery is one of the fastest-growing consumer subscription businesses in the country with an exciting and growing need for development automation created by the company's large and extremely loyal customer base and the increasing number of products and content services we are creating for them.
It is critical for us to deliver a digital product experience that is as meaningful as the physical product experience our customers get from Lovevery. To do that well, we need a world class software development and deployment pipeline and infrastructure. We are looking for an experienced Senior DevOps Engineer with a passion for all things DevOps and automation to make environment setup as easy as pressing a button and deployments predictable and high quality. This role will be part of an international squad of remote working tech professionals, and will work closely with our US based Tech and Digital teams.
- Excel in delivering high-quality solutions that support software development and deployment.
- Drive technical solutions to strategic initiatives, architecting and delivering simple solutions to complex requests.
- Identify tools and implement process solutions to deploy and monitor internally developed applications.
- Planning and deploying high availability solutions.
- Work closely with the development teams on architecture to accelerate delivery of our solutions.
- Create and maintain a variety of production and test environments.
- Diagnose complex system issues with multiple influencing factors.
- Work collaboratively with small teams.
- Deal positively with high levels of uncertainty, ambiguity and shifting priorities.
- Constructively present, discuss and debate alternatives being open to feedback from others.
- Take shared ownership of solutions.
- Continually evolve system platforms to meet business needs.
- Act as a mentor and excellent teammate for other engineers fostering and supporting a culture of innovation and excellence.
- Make technical recommendations on build vs buy decisions.
- Drive standards on code quality, security, testability, maintainability, scalability and performance.
- Work in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Must be bilingual; fluent (advanced) in English comprehension, speaking and writing.
- You have a proven track record as a top performer for 5+ years in a software engineering role, preferably in a consumer internet business, digital community business, or consumer products business with a digital experience.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related field, preferred.
- You are an expert with Docker and Kubernetes.
- You live and breathe CI/CD.
- You have familiarity with Redis, ElasticSearch, Postgresql, NoSQL, Kafka or other messaging solutions.
- You are very comfortable working with AWS.
- You have experience with Terraform and other configuration management tools.
- You prefer terraform to the AWS console.
- You are a highly effective collaborator that thrives working with teams to solve complicated challenges.
- You are self driven taking complete ownership of your tasks and championing efforts to drive solutions.
- You thrive in your ability to solve complex challenges.
- Experience with Terragrunt.
- You’ve worked with and augmented monitoring tools such as New Relic and/or OpenTelemetry.
- Proficient in ruby.
- Experience with Jenkins, and/or GitHub Actions.
- Experience with ArgoCD
Lovevery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in all forms. All employment decisions at Lovevery are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, HIV status, marital status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.