Lovevery is a fast-growing direct-to-consumer startup cofounded by successful serial entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident in giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. To deliver an exceptional experience for our customers, Lovevery needs to consistently produce premium quality products, with customer safety and satisfaction as top priorities.
Lovevery is looking for a Senior Product Researcher to join the Product Innovation Team. This person will own research and product testing related to updating existing Lovevery products. This is a critical role for the product team and requires a delicate approach to evolve products based on customer feedback without creating unnecessary disruption to the Lovevery experience. This person will ideally have physical product research and early childhood development experience, so as to blend research best practices with Lovevery’s stage based approach. This candidate will report directly to the VP of Product Innovation.
The following attributes in a candidate are essential to success in this role
- Empathy and Research—This is your expertise. You listen deeply to what people say—and also notice what they do, but may not say. You can quickly bring together data from various sources to create clear and actionable insights.
- Design thinking and product sense— You understand how products are developed and designed. You know how to translate an insight to a testable concept and how to test prototypes to improve them.
- Collaboration and Communication—You’ll be working in a cross-functional team where strong communication and collaboration will be key to the team’s success. You are skilled at structured and complete communication, and you are comfortable articulating what needs to be done when things are ambiguous. You have a team approach and celebrate a shared ownership of products across research, design, engineering and development.
- Humble Hustle—You are a go-getter who makes things happen. You’re aware you don’t know everything, are willing to learn new things and have an idea/methodology to go about getting things done.
- Project Management—You are organized, reliable, and skilled at documenting and structuring information so that it’s easily accessible later. You’re also flexible and can adapt
- Read and analyze product feedback surveys (and other sources) to identify areas for improvement
- Work with VP of Product Innovation to prioritize and craft plan for updates
- Work hand in hand with Product Development Managers to set cost and timeline expectations
- Provide context to the Design and Engineering team and give them both the space and constraints required for innovation to flourish
- Have (or build) expertise in early childhood development
- Conduct generative research to understand children and caregivers across the different stages in Lovevery’s age range
- Conduct product specific research to understand it’s role in the subscription, areas for improvement and potential impact of changes
- Develop and run a repeatable and reliable prototype testing and refinement process
- Create, administer and analyze surveys across all Lovevery products (new and existing)
Qualifications and attributes
- 8+ years of research experience, physical product research preferred
- Due to the in-person interaction with parents and children that is an integral part of this role, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is required.
- Early childhood development expertise preferred
- Attention to detail is essential
- Ability to manage simultaneous programs and quickly shift from minute product details to high level insights.
- Ability to work and remain adaptable in a fluid, fast-paced environment
- Natural team player
- Creative and resourceful
- Empathy and intuition for parents, caregivers, and young children
Our Benefits Include
- Competitive salary, benefits, and stock options package
- The usual paid holidays and a few extras (ex. Election day)
- Paid maternity or paternity leave
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Free/discounted Lovevery products
- Innovative, fast-paced and team-based culture
Lovevery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in all forms. All employment decisions at Lovevery are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, HIV status, marital status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.