Lovevery is a fast-growing digitally native brand co-founded by successful entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. Taking a science-based approach, Lovevery products have won awards from Red Dot, Parents’ Choice, and NAPPA. TIME Magazine named The Play Kits subscription offering as one of the Best Inventions of 2018.
Our customers are asking for us to deliver a digital product experience that is as meaningful as the physical product experience they already get from Lovevery. We are looking for a Front-end Developer to help us create a new type of e-commerce and community experience that delivers value to the user beyond selling physical products. You’ll be joining a cross-functional team comprised of Product Managers, User Experience Designers and other Software Engineers working on current and future technology platforms and a meaningful digital experience that empowers parents and gives them confidence. As a Lovevery Front-end Developer, you will deliver the visual elements for multiple applications that support the Lovevery business and customer experience.
If you are a Front-end Developer and you have a passion for early childhood, you could be amazing in this role and be part of something special.
We are obsessed with giving families the best products and content for early childhood, and this is an important role in making that happen at Lovevery. This role will report directly to the Senior Director of Digital Products and will have opportunities for growth in the future.
The following attributes in a candidate are important:
- An Intrinsic Humble Hustle - You are a go-getter who makes things happen.
- Ability to Learn Quickly - You’re aware you don’t know everything, are willing to learn new things and have an idea/methodology to go about learning new things. We are raising the bar for our customers every day which requires all of us to continuously grow and learn.
- Strong Collaborator and Communicator - You’ll be working in a world-class cross-functional team where strong communication and collaboration will be a key part of your success.
- Attention to Detail - You’ll be delivering the experience our customers interact with so attention to detail is critical.
- Competitive salary, benefits, and stock options package
- Excel in delivering solutions of high-quality front end code that delivers against the business objectives.
- Work closely with a product team consisting of a Product Manager, UX Designer, and other developers to deliver functionality that delights our customers.
- Deliver new and existing product and platform features.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Create a website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices.
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site.
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
- Cooperate with UX designers to match visual design intent.
Qualifications and attributes:
- You think parenthood and early childhood are really inspiring things to work on and you have empathy for parents as users of digital products.
- 3+ years of experience as a Frond End Developer preferably with rich web apps/sites.
- You are passionate about understanding the customer and delivering an amazing customer experience through digital solutions.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- You have proven working experience in web programming.
- You have familiarity with Ruby on Rails or PHP.
- You have a solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices.
- You possess at least basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization.
- You have experience with placing tracking tags and using Google tag manager.
- You have strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines.
- You have the ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment and learn rapidly.
- You have familiarity with a test automation tool and framework such as XUnit, Selenium, etc.
- You have experience with A/B testing platforms such as Optimizely.
- You are an effective collaborator who thrives working with teams to solve complicated challenges.
- You are driven and hard-working.
- Your written and oral communications are clear, concise, and thorough.