Lovevery is a mission-driven company, passionate about helping every parent feel confident that they are giving their child the best experiences in early childhood. Our team believes in the power of combining physical play products with digital education and support to create an ecosystem for parents that is unmatched by any other brand. We are looking for an experienced Software Engineering Manager to help us create a new type of e-commerce and community experience that delivers value to the user beyond selling physical products.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic, results-driven leader with e-commerce experience. Your team will own every aspect of our customer journey from product discovery to becoming a subscriber to engaging with our rich, stage-based parent education platform. You will encourage your team to keep a platform focus in mind - scaling our global audience to millions of customers and continuously looking for opportunities to enhance our technology, increase velocity and maintain a high quality bar. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated leader, is excited to learn daily, enjoys leading teams, and keeps up with new technologies for professional self-improvement and product enhancement. You’ll be joining a cross-functional team working on current and future technology platforms and a meaningful digital experience that empowers parents and gives them confidence.
Attributes needed for success in the role
- A born leader - You are someone who gets great job satisfaction from helping others achieve their individual career goals.
- You are a team-first leader - You love to help teams exceed expectations and become world class at what they do.
- An Intrinsic Humble Hustle - You are a go-getter who makes things happen.
- Ability to Learn Quickly - You’re aware you don’t know everything, are willing to learn new things, and have an idea/methodology to go about learning new things.
- Strong Collaborator and Communicator - You’ll be working in a world-class cross-functional team where strong communication and collaboration will be a key part of your success.
- Full-Stack View - You will be working on a solution that extends from the back-end and the data model to the UI. You’ll deliver user stories and features and non-functional requirements such as scalability, performance, security, and testability.
- Quality-Focused - You will be a champion for building quality code and are willing to write the test before the code.
- Pragmatism – You will be building new digital products in this role, and you will also be working with e-commerce platforms and stitching together solutions to create the best experience in the most pragmatic way.
- Change Agility - You know that change is the only constant. We have a proven track record of driving positive change, and demonstrating the flexibility to adjust quickly to changing business needs.
- Recruiting, hiring and onboarding new team members
- Career development and performance management activities for your team
- Identify and implement process improvements to increase release velocity without compromising release quality
- Actively participate in design, code and release readiness reviews
- Write production level code that is deployed to production on a regular basis
- Be 100% reliable, willing to learn, and have a positive attitude
- Create high-quality web and mobile apps served to customers worldwide
- Partner with your squad leaders from Product Management, UX Design and QA to plan, test and deliver new features and functionality that delights customers
- 5+ years of software development and/or engineering experience in an e-commerce business, digital community business, or consumer products business with a digital experience.
- 1-3+ years of experience as a Software Development and/or Engineering Manager in an e-commerce business environment.
- You have deep, hands-on experience leveraging agile patterns and practices to design, build, test and deploy scalable web applications in a cloud-native environment like AWS or GCP.
- You think parenthood and early childhood are really inspiring things to work on and you have empathy for parents as users of digital products.
- You are passionate about understanding the customer and delivering an amazing customer experience through digital solutions.
- You are an effective collaborator who thrives working with teams to solve complicated challenges.
- You are driven and hard-working.
- You’d describe yourself as open-minded, adaptable, upbeat, quick to learn, and results-oriented.
- You have a B.S. degree from an accredited university in a computer-oriented field.
Our Benefits Include
- Competitive salary, benefits, and stock options package
- The usual paid holidays and a few extras (ex. Election day)
- Paid maternity or paternity leave
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Free/discounted Lovevery products
Lovevery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in all forms. All employment decisions at Lovevery are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, HIV status, marital status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.